Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NERVOUS

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

I'VE GOT SOME INTEREST IN FLYING FOR WORLD AIRWAYS.

I UNDERSTAND THEY UTILIZE THIS UPAS SERVICE.

FOLLOWING UPAS' RECENT FILLING OF BANKRUPCY, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN VERIFY WHETHER THEY'RE STILL USING THIS UPAS SERVICE?

ANY WORD ON THEIR HIRING PLANS?

THANKS ALL...

NERVOUS

Try calling World at 770-632-8000 and ask them directly. I'm sure that they will give you a straight answer. I used to work there but got a job with a major and am now furloughed

Mr. Mom

I think there is a 50/50 chance they will be hiring again this year. There's talk of a few more aircraft and if that happens they will have to hire. I will try to find out from someone in the know, but in the past they always wanted you to send a cover letter to whoever was doing hiring via a link on their website: Worldair.com

Last week World announced a modest- but none the less a profit for 2nd quarter. They also announced the acquisition of 1 more DC-10 passenger bird so I think it is very likely they would have to hire a few more pilots this year. In the past they had a cover letter generator on their web page that allowed you to send a letter about yourself and why you want to work here. It seemed they only contacted people who had done this. I currently checked and dont see this option but it may return if they start to interview--- by the way as of July 01 they hae a new chief pilot by name of Gary Goodpaster

UPAS declaring bankruptcy??

How can this company NOT make money? They charge us $150 for some software and make it available to some 250+ airlines (who may also pay a fee.):mad:

Mr. Mom,

What was the pay and working conditions like at World Airways? Domiciles? Thanks and good luck.

I must admit that when I first went there just over 2 years ago I had some serious doubts and 2nd thoughts. Like anywhere when on the bottom of the list you get the scraps- Either you are gone forever or in my case they never used me. It took me 6 months to complete IOE. I planned on leaving and was hired by 2 majors last year and both fell through-- Now it would take a pretty good offer to get me to leave. It is a pretty fun job. We get a variety of flying from cargo, charters, sub-service for other airlines and a lot of military. My first full year with company I had six months on first year pay/ and 6 on second year and made over 60k. This year I am budgeting about 80k judging from my pay stubs.
A normal schedule is about 2 weeks on the road and two weeks at home- Im actually at home more than not. However when you are on the road you are on the road and we have some pretty long hard days.
I did have one month I was gone for 26 days in a row- however they do compensate you for it as I made 13k that month which is ok for 2nd year pay-- you can get used to that( atleast I could)
ITS not perfect and I would hesitate to offer anyone advice- But it is a crap-shoot whereever you go( I thought when I got my hired letter from AA that I could burn my interview suit- Now thats just another sad tale)

Probably the best part is the home basing and a at least one week off in a row every month.

Latest resources

Back