World to recall all furloughed pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jhflyhi

Based on the latest marketing forecast and anticipated fleet changes, Flight Operations to recall all furloughed pilots.

I'm glad to hear that folks are getting back to work. But don't you think that we are in a very twisted industry? UPS is furloughing, World calling back, Atlas Hiring, Arrow going down the drain, nasty contract negotiations all around, guys leaving jobs in the US to be expats in China and the Middle East. I never saw what it used to be like, but have flown with enough old timers that used to fly for Pan American, TWA and some of the great airlines. They actually had career expectations in their day. The rug was pulled out from under them and those of us who have followed have never stood on solid ground. Little did I know that getting bypassed by the "major" and getting hired by a "bottom feeder" would be a blessing.
No agenda here, just a comment on our industry as a whole (or should I say hole?).
I will close by saying the same thing that I tell my peers and copilots. There are three documents you must have; an ID card, certificate and a medical. Protect the last two and you will be able to get the first. Lose them and you are done.

Take offs are optional, but landings are mandatory.

Maybe you guys can help out some UPS furloughs...
bouyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

For a very long time WOA would not hire someone back after they left. But a couple of years ago they hired a few back that left with 2 or more weeks notice. I sincerely hope they can help and hire some back as well as any ATA guys that want to come to WOA as well. This is and should be a brotherhood, so helping out guys on the street should be a no brainer.

I never saw what it used to be like, but have flown with enough old timers that used to fly for Pan American, TWA and some of the great airlines. They actually had career expectations in their day.
A lot of us still have career expectations, they're just not very good ones, that's all.

Latest resources

Back