Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NERVOUS

Hello gang,

What routes are you guys operating out of LEJ?

I'm in the planning stages for a commute back to the States, and was curious having seen both the 767 and The Whale there.

Thanks in advance.

Also goes without saying, what are your jumpseat policies as well? I.e., if it's a military charter, does it preclude it?

Thanks again.

World operates many cargo flights from Lej --mostly to JFK for Lufthansa Cargo. If not mistaken had done some to Chicago as well although I think that ended or is all from Frankfurt.
Both N. American and World use Lej as a tech stop or mini hub for the AMC passenger flights so there is always something going to USA just the times and destinations are slightly different. World normally has one Airplane that shuttles back and forth from DFW, ATL to LEJ and Kuwait and then the rest to various locations or bases in US.
Call World Dispatch 770-632-8030 to list.
I believe you need to list with dispatch at least 24 hours prior on the international flights.
As long as your part 121 i believe you can jumpseat even on the military flights and cargo is pretty relaxed...up until recently we used to be able to even bring family/friends if ac had courier seats but that has changed to our own crews, including FAs and other part 121 pilots.
If you have any other questions I will try to find the answer and hopefully somebody from NAA can fill you in on their process.

Possibly I posted too soon.
I was told we may not be able to carry someone international right now...and some of the military flights are not allowing jumpseaters. There are alot of ferry/repositioning flights as well as cargo though. Let me try to verify the international

Also goes without saying, what are your jumpseat policies as well? I.e., if it's a military charter, does it preclude it?

Thanks again.

I do not believe you can Jumpseat on a Military Charter. Even as an Employee with NA, you had to get permission from the military to ride if you were not part of the crew. You may want to buy a ticket on Lufthansa.

Its sad but true, no jumpseating on military flights. In fact we are still working on getting it opened up for our own guys.

We (WOA) have both Military Personnel flights and Cargo out of Leipzig on a regular basis.

I also see Polar in there a lot too flying their DHL freight.

Latest resources

Back