• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody recently interview with or familiar with World that can give details of the interview process?

Juice

First day, you will meet around 6pm, have a few beers while they tell you about the company. Then they will send you off around 7:30pm with the typical ton of paperwork to fill out.

Second day is the formal interviews, typical questions... In the afternoon you will go get drug testing done.

Third day is a test in the morning and then a quick sim ride to find out if you can fly. When do you interview?

First day, you will meet around 6pm, have a few beers while they tell you about the company. Then they will send you off around 7:30pm with the typical ton of paperwork to fill out.

Second day is the formal interviews, typical questions... In the afternoon you will go get drug testing done.

Third day is a test in the morning and then a quick sim ride to find out if you can fly. When do you interview?

Mine was like that except swap the second and third days.

On day two, half of our group started the compter test and the other half did the sim....then we switched. You can't really study for the computer test, (psych profile, word association, simple math and mind blowing math) just be honest because I know I botched a couple of the number sequence questions big time.

The sim was straight forward. It was a desktop model that was squirrely on the pitch. No malfunctions, take off, vectors, a couple of holding entries, join a radial to or from a VOR and join a bearing to an NDB then vectors to an ILS to a landing. They're just looking for a good scan and they want to know that you know how to enter holds.

Yep, the beer part of the interview told me that I was in the right place!:beer:

Last edited:
Is World still hiring onto the DC-10? How many 10s in the fleet? Are newhires likely to be placed into the DC-10 or MD-11?

Is World still hiring onto the DC-10? How many 10s in the fleet? Are newhires likely to be placed into the DC-10 or MD-11?

I don't know anything about upcoming interviews. Not to say there won't be interviews, I just don't know. I do know that we're short in the 10 and 11.

New hires have been placed into both the 10 and 11.

Currently there are 3 10's and 2 more in the shop.

6 DC-10's. 3 of them are coming out of a long heavy check because they sat around too long (Ex - NWA aircraft) 2 Cargo, 4 Passenger.

Right now I think most hiring is for the 11. They need more bodies for the 10 but because of the Heavy Checks taking a lot longer than expected, they have suspended hiring for the 10 till probably late March, early April. I know the next class is a 11 class starting Mar 19th. Their maybe a new class starting today. But I'm not sure.

When you have a few beers....don't freakin drink the Zima or any other fu fu in the cooler....it's a test!!!

When you have a few beers....don't freakin drink the Zima or any other fu fu in the cooler....it's a test!!!

Also dig down into the cooler and find the hidden bottle of Tequila, take a big swig, swallow the worm, get half naked and dance on the table..this will show them you are a true team player ;)

Latest resources

Back