Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Interview.....Whats the Good word!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is RG aka "Guido" still at World?

Guido is now a super-senior FO that mostly does IAH-Luanda flying. He doesn't make it through the rest of the system too much. Last I saw him (4 years ago), he was doing well.

Guido is now a super-senior FO that mostly does IAH-Luanda flying. He doesn't make it through the rest of the system too much. Last I saw him (4 years ago), he was doing well.

Nice AVATAR, thanks for the info, now go back to lurking!

Nice AVATAR, thanks for the info, now go back to lurking!

haha, yeah, I only come out of the shadows every now and then.

BTW, I just checked, and it appears RG is going through upgrade on the 11 right now.

haha, yeah, I only come out of the shadows every now and then.

BTW, I just checked, and it appears RG is going through upgrade on the 11 right now.

Speaking of upgrading, you should be getting close, right? Maybe the 5 years RK mentioned at the interview might hold true. Would you take first available upgrade?

Speaking of upgrading, you should be getting close, right? Maybe the 5 years RK mentioned at the interview might hold true. Would you take first available upgrade?

I'm still 30-some numbers away, so who knows. Not that it's an option now or anything, but I think I might wait for an upgrade on the 11 rather than go to the 10. Maybe soon I can be making UPS FO money

For those of us in the pool already that are not MD11 current or qualed, what are the chances of us getting a class date anytime soon? It seems as though the current guys are being put in class ahead of anybody else right now.

Heard there will be a couple of DC10 Second Officer slots offered to the pool guys who aren't MD11 qualified.

They needed to hire quite a few pilots in a short time frame...for what they havent come out right and said. They have increased the list to be able to crew 6 additional md-11s, still only speculation.
There was quite abit of talk about even hiring current md-11 capts and put a fence around them for a short period until training could catch up and once properly staffed they would go back to right seat. The FAA has approved a short course for current qualified md-11 pilots so this is the only way they feel they are able to spool up this quick. I do anticipate that once all the md-11 needs are taken care of they will be very short on the DC-10 so anticipate some hiring down the road for that and I would anticipate them to again drop the md-11 prerequisite.

Latest resources

Back