Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

typhoonpilot

Daddy
World signs lease with EVA Air [size=-1]Jan 21[/size][size=-1]World Airways has signed a two-year ACMI cargo charter contract with EVA Airways in which the airline will provide 3 MD11 Freighters for EVA services between Taipei, Taiwan, and the US beginning in March. EVA currently has a contract for 1 MD11F which expires in March.
[/size]

What would this mean for World ? Is this additional work or is it a re-allocation of assets ? In other words, does this mean a bit of hiring will be happening ?

TP

Good question. I would like to think additional planes and crewshowever it would depend on what other contracts World has going whenthis one starts.

Next class of MD11 F.O.'s is scheduled for the third week of January. I believe two classes a month for a while. However, that can change with the wind.

Recommendations help but are not mandatory. I believe pilots who are recommended have been briefed in detail about the nature of the life style offered here.

Two weeks is fine on my family. Its the two weeks at home that hurts (joke). You really must ask how would it be on your family. Again we only offer one lifestyle, long international type lines. People that enjoy it here usally come here looking for that type of schedule and don't want to have to fly domestic trips for years before they can hold the international type flying.

For me I like the this airline because I do not fly every day of those two weeks I am away, unlike a three day a week flying gig. In fact many times I fly less than seven days in a two week period. Remmember the first and last one or two days includes the commute from an airport I chose in the 48 states no matter what base I chose to hold. Then I get a two week vacation every month. The things I like to do could not be done in 2 or 3 days off.

However, your first year you will be gone longer because you cost less to keep out, so be ready.

Bellerophon said:
Next class of MD11 F.O.'s is scheduled for the third week of January. I believe two classes a month for a while. However, that can change with the wind.

Recommendations help but are not mandatory. I believe pilots who are recommended have been briefed in detail about the nature of the life style offered here.

Two weeks is fine on my family. Its the two weeks at home that hurts (joke). You really must ask how would it be on your family. Again we only offer one lifestyle, long international type lines. People that enjoy it here usally come here looking for that type of schedule and don't want to have to fly domestic trips for years before they can hold the international type flying.

For me I like the this airline because I do not fly every day of those two weeks I am away, unlike a three day a week flying gig. In fact many times I fly less than seven days in a two week period. Remmember the first and last one or two days includes the commute from an airport I chose in the 48 states no matter what base I chose to hold. Then I get a two week vacation every month. The things I like to do could not be done in 2 or 3 days off.

However, your first year you will be gone longer because you cost less to keep out, so be ready.

Well said, and accurate! (I hope you are correct on the future hiring plans)

FIT59

...Its the two weeks at home that hurts...

No kidding. After about a week home I'm humming "On the road again" and I start wondering why the company hasn't assigned me a trip. By two weeks I'm looking for the shot gun. :D

Now that has got to be one of the best posts I have seen.Great info and sounds like a blast.Do your trips differ every tour?

Latest resources

Back