World airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FR8mastr

Need info quickly, can anyone tell me what a typical schedule would be like for a new hire? I dont need where so much as how long, I know it can vary, I am just looking for an average.
Thanks for any info.

18 days on, 12 off. 6 of the 12 in a row. However, it could turn into 18-24 on, 6-12 off. If you have an interview, the person recommending you should be able to give you all the info you need.

FR8mastr said:
Is it true that as an open time pilot they can take you down to 6 days off?

Yes! However that has been fixed and agreed upon both by the comapny and the union, With the new cotract thye will build open time lines with 12 days off you will have the option to sell your 6 soft days for xtra money. The 6 hard days will remain inviolate and you can't sell them. This will be a major improvement over things as thay are today.

Is it true that as an open time pilot they can take you down to 6 days off?
This rarely happens these days. We've got a lot of new pilots to cover trips. In fact, so far this year, I've received all 12 of my days off, if not more, every month except one. That month I had eleven. I actually wanted them to buy back some of my "soft days" so I could use them next year as vacation, oh well.

FR8mastr, go for it, you'll be glad you did. You'll have at least 12 days of a month and you'll wish you could work more.

Yes, so far no problems (knock on wood). That may change when and if I make Captain. Our Jr. Captains are very busy.

Break, break

Tim, your not accepting any PMs. I wish I knew her too. :(

CCDiscoB

You are a great guy... You always give us "World" want a bees a heads up on hiring by World, thanks very much. I hope I get on!

A quick question for the World Airways guys. Does Bertram still work there? And if so, has he brought out the rubber dishwashing gloves yet?

(inside joke)

Latest resources

Back