World Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigFlyr

Not that this question necessarily belongs on the Majors thread but does anyone know what's been going on at World Airways lately? I heard they were in contract negotiations and getting 767s to replace the MD-11s... What are the min/competative quals and are they hiring? Thanks for any info.

(770) 632-8305 pilot info

March 5th update....767's are coming.......anticipates interviewing for 767, MD-11 f/o's, new hires will not be going to the DC-10

Mins
ATP
3000 TT
1000 PIC Multi perfer Jet

extra points for 767 time, as well as EFIS

C-YA A.D.

767 is going to replace some of the DC-10s, but not the MD-11. It is delayed due to fact they cant get the ER with the engines they want until later this year... havent heard about hiring for a while but would anticipate some

Thanks,
How's the contract coming along... Or is it a done deal?

Contractwas voted down. Nothing going on right now as far as I can tell. I read an article today- not sure the source but it said World was in possible negotiations for 747-400 freighters for 2005. I find it a bit reckless to try and add 2 aircraft types to such a small fleet---maybe biting off more they they can chew but on the other hand 74s would be nice!

There was an interesting article this morning in the NY Times regarding the Pentagon going oversees to source some of the military transport flying. World was mentioned. A world FO mentioned that they are quite diversified however...

Still, it was an interesting article in light of how the governments usage of the reserve fleet helped keep some airlines in business.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/10/business/10fly.html

Could someone tell me about the training contract. How long is it, how much, is it prorated, etc.,?Thanks alot!!

It has changed recently. I think now it's somewhere around $50K over 2 years after finishing loft. The old contract (~$18K over 15 months from hire date) was pro-rated, not sure about whether or not the new one is.

I believe the company is pretty serious about enforcing the contract. I know of at least one person that is leaving, and the company is going after them.

Ex-Eagle?

Hello Bigsky,

I was just wondering... are you an Ex-Eagle pilot? I am currently an American Eagle Airline Pilot. Planning to summit my resume to World Airways.

Latest resources

Back