• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways returns to 747's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to worry, Bill Garrett will find a way to lose money with them.

isn't there a pretty steep training agreement at world? something liek $48k?

Yes. 2 years pro-rated at $2,000/mo.

And you have to be furloughed for two months to be off the hook.

Anyone know if the info on airline pilot central is acurate/up to date? Looks like they have some scheduled flights out of JFK, is this a long term contract or could this flying disappear at any moment? What is the story with the paper base of MCI? I'm unfamiliar with the term "paper base".

Anyone know if the info on airline pilot central is acurate/up to date? Looks like they have some scheduled flights out of JFK, is this a long term contract or could this flying disappear at any moment? What is the story with the paper base of MCI? I'm unfamiliar with the term "paper base".

The info at airlinepilot central is up to date. World is getting 2 747's this year and 3 ex-NWA DC10's start arriving in January.

The scheduled flights out of JFK are freight contracts so they come and go. Usually one year contracts.

Where the flying is from doesn't really matter due to the home basing. All the lines are build based on MCI as the one pilot base. All pilots are home based so the company buys a ticket from your local airport to get to wherever in the world the aircraft are. Hence the term paper base. World doesn't actually have anything in MCI.

does everyone sit sideways to start or do some get the window seat from the start?

Decision hasn't been made yet. I imagine it will be a mix of both. Depending on your experience level will depend on whether you sit sideways for a while or not.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back