• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its actually worse then what's being written. According to management we are losing 4 planes by this time next year. The 3 remaining DC-10s and the temp MD-11. We're moving backwards. Prob more displacements and furloughs. Same with our flight attendants. So obviously hiring will not happen for a long time.
It would be nice to have an idea what they are planning.
Sadly I'm starting to think the same thing

Were you told this directly? I couldn't imagine that management would want to turn down AMC business because that is exactly what they would have to do if they got rid of the 10's without replacing them. I've heard from some of our mechs that Boeing wants to lease us 3 pax MD-11's. This seems to make sense to replace the 10's....if there is any truth to these rumors.

For all we know, management uses that 1970's era novelty 8 ball for decisions on the direction of the company.:D

Last edited:
"For all we know, management uses that 1970's era novelty 8 ball for decisions on the direction of the company."

Hell, I was really hoping they had Dionnne Warwick and the psychic friends network to consult. Man I thought I depressed before, but now I find out they aren't talking to the real experts at the psychic friends network. WE"RE SCREWED

So, now I hear everyone is recalled and that they are still short staffed and will be hiring in the very near future. Plus the fact that the troop rotation and new deployment makes it necessary to keep aircraft and possibly add to the fleet. as well as the Sonair/Atlas thing not happening so World is keeping that as well.

So, now I hear everyone is recalled and that they are still short staffed and will be hiring in the very near future. Plus the fact that the troop rotation and new deployment makes it necessary to keep aircraft and possibly add to the fleet. as well as the Sonair/Atlas thing not happening so World is keeping that as well.

I'm still on the street. They haven't called everyone back. 15 guys are back for 3 months and that is it.

World had a Temporary Bid that put into effect a recall for the MD11 furloughed guys only. They went thru the MD11 FO furloughed list looking for 15 guys total, a lot of guys bypassed the recall so recall #15 is the last guy on the seniority list. So all of the furloughed MD11 FO"s were asked if they want to come back, But, the furloughed DC10 FO and PFE/SO's are still furloughed, since this was an MD11 only temporary bid. In the beginning of FEB 10' the company will have to let the union know if this bid will become permanent, which it most likely will, which creates a new scenario because of senior DC10 guys that want to go over to the MD11. This temporary bid was the result of an increase in cargo flying. We still have to wait and see what affect the Troop Surge/AMC will have. There are rumors floating around about the 3 DC10's going away mid-2010 and being replaced with MD11's, but just rumors at this point.

Last edited:
No, they're not, it's a "Temporary Bid".

Thanks for the concern.

Well, some of my former coworkers are amongst those furloughed and could probably use the money as they have been hit especially hard over the past two years.

So, the company got the benefit of a waiver of seniority rights, what, exactly, did you get in return?

Latest resources

Back