Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SpocksBeard

gear biatch
Anybody know anything about getting a job in Canada? Is it even possible for an american pilot to get a job with an airline up there? I'm asking because I filled out an application request form for Air Canada Jazz (strange name, I know) and they sent me an application to fill out. I waited a few months until I met their minimums on the application and I just sent that in with another resume. One of the requirements was 12 months flying experience in Canada and to be a citizen or "lawfully landed immigrant." I obviously don't have the 12 months but I wonder if they would even begin to consider somebody who doesn't yet live in the country. Thanks.
SB

What they are telling you is that you have to have the legal right to work in Canada. The same is true for the European airlines, and for the airlines in this country. Without citizenship or the right to work through a work visa, I think your chances are nil.

If you want to work in Canada, best advice marry a Canadian, preferably a a girl!

i know a few canadian girls and they are pretty good lookin too

a friend of mine his father is a capt on a340 and i think they are still hangin in there.

to get the right to work in canada i do believe all you need is get whatever "greencard" they use over there.

and as for the exchange rate...its not 450% but about 45%

Air Canada is bleeding right now, but they will never go under. They are the only national airline. If anything, the government will buy them again like they did in the past.

My relative is an FO on the 763 for them. They have a fantastic fleet, but are not easy to get on with. You need high time, and must usually be a Canadian citizen. A visa usually does not suffice. Internal recomendations are highly important, as is age and type of experience. Other politically incorrect factors can help obviously too.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was curious so I just thought I would throw the question out there. I'm a Minnesotan so the cold wouldn't be a problem, but it sounds like it would be more trouble than its worth. Thanks, sb.

Latest resources

Back