Working in Aloha land

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captnmayday

Thinking about moving to HI to be close to my relatives ... looking for a list of comanies with light twins or turbo props who may hire a 2600TT and 1000Multi guy ... low pay is ok as I can wait tables p/t.

Thanx in advance,
Mature replies only!!!

This is all the mid level twin stuff on Oahu, (or all i can think of off the top of my head)

Best spot (but a long wait and lot's of patients to get there): 121 operation - Island Air (Aloha airlines sister company) flying dash 8's interisland.

The rest:

hawaii air ambulance : Very nice IFR 135 operation w/C-414's (great avionics and great maintenance and great pay for twin cessna flying)

pacific wings : 121 operation flying nice caravans interisland passenger (used to be pay for training but has since gone to F/O @minimum wage)

TransAir : interisland passenger flying C-402's and Shorts

Corporate Air : IFR cargo for fedex flying Shorts and a 1900

Commercial Flyer : VFR 135 cargo and passenger flying chieftans

Molokai Air Shuttle : VFR 135 operation passenger flying C-402's

Kamaka Air : Great fun VFR 135 operation flying Beech 18's (tricycle and tail dragger version) cargo

Skydive Hawaii and Pacific Skydiving International : two skydive operations with one king air each (A100 and B90).

All of these jobs are very hard to impossible to get unless you live here or know someone at the place you are applying to (my case). With the exception of island air, which has done hiring out of atlanta in the past but has just been hiring locally over the last year or so. Hope this helps... It's hard to even list this stuff since I am trying to get on with some of these places myself, but considering how helpful people on this board are, I am glad to do it. Good luck and if you want more info on a particular place- let me know.

Oh, By the way if you have 1000 multi i would try and find out if your family has any friends that could recomend you for Aloha Airlines. There only min is the multi time, but you really need a letter of rec. They are hiring into the 737 right now.

Last edited:
was recently at Dukes Canoe club and met a young man working for corporate air out of Billings MT flying a 1900.. not great pay but hey!

I was at Dukes last night for a going away party...great place for sunset suds.

Yes corporate air is headquartered in Billings, MT. As far as i know, though, they do their local hiring locally.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back