• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JediNein

No One Special at all
PILOT
SATURN AVIATION
Saturn Aviation, Flight Department of Pizza Hut of Fort Wayne, Inc., is searching for an experienced professional to crew its Falcon 10 jet aircraft.
Qualifications include recent jet or turbo-prop experience. Successful applicants must have excellent communication skills so as to work effectively with company employees and charter clients. Flexibility and willingness to work in a non-scheduled environment is a must. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants please submit resume including detailed history of flight experience to:
Pizza Hut
7100 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
Fax: (260) 436-0762

Source - Fort Wayne Newspapers

Who owns the Challenger based in SDF with the pizza hut logo on the tail? It's hangared with the Challenger with Colonel Sanders on the tail.

This ad's for a franchisee up in FWA. Pepsico owns Pizza Hut, Taco Bell (I believe), and KFC... So they are probably theirs...

Do they own the Astra with the big Doritos Logo plastered all over the tail as well?

I saw it all the time when we made runs into Scottsdale.

Mike

Here's a little ...

Here's what I know, having flown a C-310 in the past for a Pizza Hut franchisee. The FWA job is certainly for a franchisee, of which there are many, and many have their own airplanes ... the guy I worked for flew a 310, I know another one with a 421, so there's quite a few.

Here's how the ownership chain works ... Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell are all owned by an entity called Tricon Global Restaurants. Tricon is headquartered in Louisville ... you can see their building if you drive the I-264 (Watterson Expwy.) going out toward SDF. So, I would assume that the airplanes at SDF are Tricon's.

Now, Tricon is itself a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pepsico. Pepsi has their own airplanes (in New York, I think). However, I know that each of the restaurants also maintains their own HQ (PH is in Dallas, on the Tollway in Addison; KFC is in Louisville I think; TB I believe is in CA somewhere.). I know for certain that Pizza Hut corporate in Dallas has their own flight department, flying a Challenger (maybe more, but I've seen the Challenger) based out of ADS in Dallas. Pizza Hut's HQ is near Addison ... you can see it driving the North Dallas Tollway from ADS down toward the Galleria (or look left on final to 33 at ADS). Now, TB and KFC may also have their own airplanes, to say nothing of the various franchisees.

In short, everyone's probably totally confused, but that is what I know. Pepsi owns Tricon owns the three chains whose locations are franchised.

Tailwinds, y'all ...

R

Doritos is part of Frito Lay which also has a Chester Cheetah on the front of another of their aircraft. Those planes are constantly at BFL due to a large Frito Lay factory a few miles from the airport.
There's no *CRUNCH* to their landings though. . .

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

I live in BFL at the airport like any good CFI, and I've never seen the "Fritos" airplane. What are you smokin' anyway?

Latest resources

Back