Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Word on the street about flex decertification effort...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This place is shrinking. There is ZERO GROWTH get it thru your heads already. Simple FING math. maybe to complicated for some of these Flexjet FKERS. look at the numbers 2 years ago ( pilots, planes ) look at them now. wheres the growth????? Every time they take delivery of a new plane they sell 5 or shut down a fleet. Nextant, X, Legacy. Fire Cabin servers out of seniority and tell them if they talk to the pilots they won't get their severance. made them sign a " will not sue discloser"...

From AIN

U.S. Pilot Groups Urge Flexjet Pilots To Keep Union

Pilot groups across the U.S. sent letters urging the pilots at Flexjet and Flight Options—collectively known as OneSky—to vote against a “management supported” decertification effort of their union, IBT Local 1108. These groups included the NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots (NJASAP), Air Line Pilots Association, Southwest Airlines Pilots Association, Allied Pilots Association, and Coalition of Airline Pilots Associations. The decertification vote begins for OneSky pilots on May 2 and ends May 30.

“Our Flight Options and Flexjet peers owe it to themselves to fully examine the information they receive regarding decertification to parse fact from fiction,” said NJASAP president Pedro Leroux. “Management has everything to gain, and our Flexjet and Flight Options peers have everything to lose, including job security, access to just-cause language in disciplinary matters, and the right to bargain for improvements.”

According to Leroux, pilot groups should preserve their unions because “predatory owners and managers exist, and pilots require an advocate to defend their interests.” He also warned that, if the decertification effort succeeds, “the consequences to our profession will be very damaging and far-reaching.”

Leroux pointed out that more than 90 percent of the commercial aviation workforce is unionized, as “a labor organization can negotiate and demand compliance with a collective bargaining agreement on wages, benefits, and working conditions…Approximately 95,600 professional flight deck crewmembers cannot be wrong.”

G.G.

I guess i get confused because doesnt management hire at companies? I get lost at thr part where they would associate all of us as union busters and skip us? Doesnt make sense in a shortage.

Either youre qualified or not? Idk. I havent had issues when going through the process.

This is disgusting. You are attempting to out members by their real names in order to threaten and intimidate them. This is a blatant violation of the terms of service of this board. Remove this and your other posts immediately.

There will be no blackballing. It is illegal, and furthermore, unions do not hire. HR hires. Even if there is a union pilot on the interview board, they cannot ask questions about these matters. FJ pilots will not be unilaterally blackballed because there is no way to differentiate between union and non-union. This should by no means be a part of this decision.

There will be no blackballing. It is illegal, and furthermore, unions do not hire. HR hires. Even if there is a union pilot on the interview board, they cannot ask questions about these matters. FJ pilots will not be unilaterally blackballed because there is no way to differentiate between union and non-union. This should by no means be a part of this decision.

You are misinformed. I was specifically asked why I left FJ on a recent interview. Once by the HR person. And then a moment later by the former NJ’s pilot sitting on the interview board. The implication was clear. They are well aware of what’s going on even if the average 121 line pilot is generally ignorant of the 91k world.

And I was very carefully questioned. You could tell they weren’t gonna cross a line but still wanted some insight.

And I was very carefully questioned. You could tell they weren’t gonna cross a line but still wanted some insight.

Yup. The first question was “Why did you leave FJ?”. The second question from the former frac pilot was “So why else did you leave FJ?”.

The implication was clear.

This is disgusting. You are attempting to out members by their real names in order to threaten and intimidate them. This is a blatant violation of the terms of service of this board. Remove this and your other posts immediately.

Nah. I talked to him this morning. His words were if they want to think it's him, he's already got a target on his back so let him have his fun. Considering he's currently on a rotation flying his ass off, it would be fun to try to have the company prove he was posting from their own cockpits and wifi.

So with his permission, leave it. It just exposes how desperate and thugly their side is. It also prove there is no such thing as a neutral party (as FLFLYR1 claims) anymore. Those who claim it are just snakes in the grass at this point.

To my understanding, JetBlue, Alaska Netjets and even the mighty southwest are having trouble filling classes.

So FLOPS and Flex will find it particularly hard

A former Flexjet pilot, now at Southwest, said the word is out for pilots to bring in recruits so I don't doubt it.

Speaking of recruitment efforts, for those paying attention to the details in RH's email this morning, by his own words this place is no longer a career destination but an admitted stepping stone. Did you catch it?

I just about fell out of my chair laughing. At least with the slew of grammatical errors in that one we know it was really Rick!

A former Flexjet pilot, now at Southwest, said the word is out for pilots to bring in recruits so I don't doubt it.

Speaking of recruitment efforts, for those paying attention to the details in RH's email this morning, by his own words this place is no longer a career destination but an admitted stepping stone. Did you catch it?

I just about fell out of my chair laughing. At least with the slew of grammatical errors in that one we know it was really Rick!

Both Eric and Jon are former Flexjet pilots. There are some here who are still in touch with them. Rumor has it RH's letter is full of lies and half truths. But for anyone who knows him that's not a surprise.

It's also not a surprise he will resort to putting former friends into very uncomfortable positions just to save some face.

Latest resources

Back