Wonder how we Did.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RTRHD

I just sat in London all Thanksgiving. I was busy just before Christmas. I saw a GIII in HPN. I was just wondering if we got everyone where they wanted to be this year. I know its not over yet. Just wondering.....

I just sat in London all Thanksgiving. I was busy just before Christmas. I saw a GIII in HPN. I was just wondering if we got everyone where they wanted to be this year. I know its not over yet. Just wondering.....

Well RTRHD,
considering the amount of etra lift the company wasted money buying, while sitting piles of crews over Turkey Day I sure as hell hope everyone got where they were going. A total waste of money.

Its not that we had alot of sell offs.....we had to use the time the Company bought from outside vendors or we would lose the money we paid.

I sat for 4 days doing nothing in a hotel over the T-Day holiday. On the 5th day we were ASAP'd to ASE becasue one of the vendors doing one of our trips broke and WE had to recover for them.

Despite themsleves....we make money.

We base vendor needs on average fleet reliability and forecasted demand. Most of this year, we've been hovering in the low 70 percentile, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Over turkey day week, we were in the low 90's. Thus, lots of NJA crews sitting hot spare.

Compared to last year, our vendor costs are very low, for obvious reasons. Happy pilots make a big difference to the bottom line. Besides, the cost of vendors actually leads to better profits in the long term. Unlike most businesses in this country who want your money today then kick you out the door, the fractional business is actually interested in providing great service everyday. Better to have the coverage and not need it to insure customer satisfaction.

We base vendor needs on average fleet reliability and forecasted demand. Most of this year, we've been hovering in the low 70 percentile, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Over turkey day week, we were in the low 90's. Thus, lots of NJA crews sitting hot spare.

Compared to last year, our vendor costs are very low, for obvious reasons. Happy pilots make a big difference to the bottom line. Besides, the cost of vendors actually leads to better profits in the long term. Unlike most businesses in this country who want your money today then kick you out the door, the fractional business is actually interested in providing great service everyday. Better to have the coverage and not need it to insure customer satisfaction.

Pervis,
Not to get into it with you, but using straight numbers to figure vendor number seems a bit short sighted. Let me explain, they should have been able to figure that the pilots were a LITTLE happier and things would probable go better, therefore the need for less lift then in other years. So using straight averages to calc this seems wrong, there has to be a better way. Pilots sitting around doing nothing, on extended days adds up quick.

Also with all this extra lift an people sitting they could have opened the day up a little more and put more planes in the air, there by creating more revenue.

No question there needs to be a better way, but we're only into the first year post CBA and all they have are averages to work with. Today is another day of higher than average a/c availability, and I am enjoying a relaxing day of standby-rare in my fleet. Once the powers that be see a consistent increase in availability, due to better planning by mx regarding inspection intervals and other improvements, this will hopefully ballance out. At least we see an improvement.

There are definitely a lot of variables over these days that they will have to learn to predict better now the CBA is in place. Many more pilots looking to extend for the $$ now. Not so many DNIFing over the holidays now when you can get $800 extra for actually working it. And all around happpier pilot group (well, mostly anyways) means more efficiency etc. Hopefully they will get better at guessing the required sell-offs in the future (emphasis on HOPEFULLY!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back