• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Woman Throws Tantrum After Missing HKG-SFO Flt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can someone call a Chinese take out joint and get a translation for the vid?

My bet is that she's a psycho, but I'd just consider the chance she may have been traveling to see a dying relative or something like that. I would doubt the locals would have posted the vid if that was the case, so they decided to
"make her famous" :laugh:

As a side note, if you're an airline employee, I'd think real carefully about posting something like this on YouTube. If you're in an airport, it's likely Management could easily obtain the security tapes of you and your IPhone playing Steven Speilberg :erm: and violating some policy.

CX Apologizes After Flier's "Airport Freak-Out"

Airline apologizes after flier's 'airport freak-out' video hits YouTube

A woman who missed her Hong Kong-to-San Francisco flight earlier this month responded with a dramatic tantrum for all to see -– including an airline worker who whipped out a camera phone to record the incident. Today, Cathay Pacific is apologizing to that passenger after the video ended up being posted on YouTube, where it has been viewed by millions. The Associated Press writes "the Hong Kong airline said … the worker who filmed the video has been disciplined but that another person posted the footage on YouTube, a video-sharing website."

AP says "the three-minute video shot on a mobile phone shows a woman wailing, throwing herself on the floor, banging on an airport counter and trying to barge through a closed boarding gate at the Hong Kong International Airport on Feb. 4 after missing a flight to San Francisco." In the tantrum, AP quotes the woman as screaming: "They have no compassion. The plane hasn't even left, and they've shut the gate. They're crazy! They're crazy!"

The woman's "airport freak-out" -- as it has been described on one YouTube post -- has been viewed almost 5 million times since it was posted Feb. 12. AP writes says "it wasn't clear why the woman was so upset about missing the flight," adding that she could not be identified or tracked down for a comment.

Cathay Pacific declined to comment, other than to say it apologized to the passenger "for the inconvenience and embarrassment she may have suffered as a result" of the tantrum being recorded and posted on the Internet. AP adds Cathay Pacific also "offered to upgrade her seats on her next trip and reimburse her for frequent flier miles she used for upgrades on recent journeys.."

Another company pu$$es out......

Latest resources

Back