Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
This was sent to me by the local recruiter. I have been straining to get a slot anywhere flying in the military. All I come across are dead ends. After receiving this, what should I do now?

WOFT NOTES

MISSION: The FY06 RA WOFT mission was small and the FY07 RA WOFT mission may be smaller. There is no FY07 AR WOFT mission.

AGE WAIVERS: Approval authority is the Aviation Proponent/ Army/ G-1. The age standard is selection prior to the applicants 33rd birthday. The approval rate for 33 and 34 year old applicants requesting an age waivers is less than 2%. To date no age waivers beyond 35 have been approved. Special Missions will forward WOFT age waivers to the aviation proponent. Age waiver processing time is 4 to 6 weeks.

MORAL WAIVERS: WOFT moral waivers are above the waiver requirements to meet enlistment eligibility. Special Missions forwards WOFT moral waivers to HRC Alexandria for review by the Officer Accessions Moral Waiver Review Board. Moral waiver processing time is 5 to 7 duty days.

WOFT SELECTION BOARD: The WOFT selection process is competitive. All applicants are evaluated on the whole person concept. Everything in the packet is important. The documents presented in the packet should be the most accurate up to date possible to best represent the applicant. It is very important for packets to be received by the packet suspense date. Packet should be complete when received. This includes all enlistment eligibility waiver approvals should be included with the packet. Review USAREC message 06-049 prior to processing B2G applicants. The USAREC WOFT selection board is an all electronic board. An electronic board requires lead time to load all packets and update supporting servers. Because of this time requirements last minute corrections may not be received in time to prepare a packet for board consideration by the current board. The selection board provides no feedback on the selection or non-selection of individual applicants. All selection board results are posted to the G-3 intra net site.

WOFT Board Schedule:
Board Date Suspense Date
4-6 October 2006 29 September 2006
1-3 November 2006 27 October 2006
6-8 December 2006 1 December 2006
3-5 January 2007 28 December 2006
7-9 February 2007 2 February 2007
7-9 March 2007 2 March 2007
4-6 April 2007 30 March 2007
2-4 May 2007 27 April 2007
6-8 June 2007 1 June 2007
11-13 July 2007 6 July 2007
1-3 August 2007 27 July 2007
5-7 September 2007 31 August 2007

POCs WOFT Issues SFC Rascon 6-1554, Mr Howell 6-0467

I don't know if you trying to get an active or reserve slot. If a reserve or guard slot is what you desire, I would not wast my time with a recruiter. You need to find someone in a local unit and get yourself in front of the CO. I'm not saying this will guarantee you a slot but you will get the facts and the help you need if they want you.

Active duty is a different story. Everything revolves around the needs of the Army (or any other branch for that manner). You might try APTAP.org. There are guys over their that would know more about the scoop on the active side.

FYI When I was at Rucker there was a WOC IERW student who was 36 years old. So it can be done.

Ok...I'm the product of an Arkansas education and might be a little slow so bare with me.

1. Why do you need a degree for the WOC program? Its not required.
2. 33 years of age is the max without a waiver in the Army. What is the issue with 27?
3. I don't think you need a waiver for Air Force UPT until 30. You still have plenty of time. Check out the forum over at baseops.net. There is a lot of info for guys looking to get a flight slot.

Ok...I'm the product of an Arkansas education and might be a little slow so bare with me.

1. Why do you need a degree for the WOC program? Its not required.
2. 33 years of age is the max without a waiver in the Army. What is the issue with 27?
3. I don't think you need a waiver for Air Force UPT until 30. You still have plenty of time. Check out the forum over at baseops.net. There is a lot of info for guys looking to get a flight slot.

No degree required, however just like the hiring mins at most airlines these requirements are the absolute minimums and those applicants being selected usually exceed the stated mins. I have sat on several of the selection boards and I can tell you that an applicant coming off the street with no previous mil experience normally will not make the cut without a degree. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. Getting a Guard or Reserve unit to sponsor you is your best bet but you are going to have to convince them during the interview phase that you will be worth the investment and not having finished your degree will most likely come up. Good luck to you!

Russian - I think Russia must join NATO before they’ll take a look at you. Also, I think your avatar gives them creeps? Ты Попимазш? ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back