Woft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Any Army pilots out there.Been looking at WOFT and was looking for any comments about it?Would you recommend it?Thanks

Check out APTAP.ORG (Army Pilot to Airline Pilot). Plenty of past threads on the pros and cons of flying for the Army.

How many opinions do you need to make up your own? There should be enough Army guys on APTAP to give you what you need. That site, unlike this one, has more people who know what they are talking about, and less wannabees.

Hey Pistl,

Why all the hostility?........Sounds like you need to take a little R&R trip, or head back over here to civilization and get away from all that sand...........

Fly Safe!

any way to get into flying those Sherpas without having to go through becoming a helicopter pilot?

psysicx---are you in the Army now? If not, do you currently have a pilot certificate? If so, how many hours? Just trying to get a little background before I put in my .02 worth.

Everyone has to go through the Army flight school, if you have a multi rating and you get hired by a guard unit (where the Sherpas are) there is a program whereby you can go straight to fixed wing qualification school (C-12, C-26 or C-23). There are specific minimums that you need to have before you can go however (I don't know them). There are several states that are hurting for Sherpa folks right now; you should be able to find the job listings at fulltimeguard.com
As far as the WOFT program goes, it's an ok program but if you really want to be a fixed wing pilot it's not the place to go. I was lucky to get the chance due to the competition, usually a couple thousand guys trying to get one of the 40 or so seats per year.

Don't worry about Pete, I know him well and despite him sounding a bit testy he really is a good guy.

Regards!

Latest resources

Back