Woah...thats CHEAP gas!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jknight8907

Trip down memory lane....but not my memories.

Today I got done with my flying lesson, and grabbed the aircraft log to enter the flight, and out flops a receipt. It was from 1991, and listed a sale of 39 gallons of 100LL at...get this...a bank-busting $1.90/gal. Hmm....wonder if I can whip up a time machine to bring a couple of tankers of circa-'91 gas to me....

Pretty nifty what you can find drifting around in old airplanes

Only 3 years ago (2002) I used to gas up at 18V... their 100LL was only $1.79/gal... seems like yesterday, if only we had that now.

I used to pay .38 per gallon at DET in 1973. Used to pay .25 per gallon for my car in 1971, gas war of course.

GravityHater said:
ohhh, you guys are just too young to really know what it used to be like!!

Not to hijack a thread, but GravityHater, what promts you to use such a vile and disgusting avatar? Just curious. Really didn't need to see that before breakfast on a Tuesday morning!

2000Flyer

2000flyer said:
Not to hijack a thread, but GravityHater, what promts you to use such a vile and disgusting avatar? Just curious. Really didn't need to see that before breakfast on a Tuesday morning!

2000Flyer

ditto!!!!!!

Pretty tasteless..........

sorry, a mechanic bud from DFW and I are having avatar wars.... I'll change it this evening.
you prefer what... should I guess a pretty girl?

pilotyip said:
I used to pay .38 per gallon at DET in 1973. Used to pay .25 per gallon for my car in 1971, gas war of course.

Dude- you're like Jurasic park old! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back