• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN/X-Jet merger.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excited? Why in the he!! would you get excited about a major flying RJ's. If you haven't noticed, RJ's are going to be the death of a good profession.

Ask the guys at JoeBLue in a few years when they capout on the RJ if they really expected that kind of pay when they first started flying and dreaming of working a major. I bet if they are honest they are disappointed.

I know, I know. Everyone used to say SWA was bringing down the bar, etc. But the difference is, SWA pilots are well payed and always have been. The RJ is allowing companies to bring down the bar for the whole profession.

Blast away if you want, everyone knows deep down that RJ's are for regional carriers and when majors start buying them the bottom will fall out for pilot pay.

Go ahead, blast away!

amfteamster said:
Excited? Why in the he!! would you get excited about a major flying RJ's. If you haven't noticed, RJ's are going to be the death of a good profession.

Ask the guys at JoeBLue in a few years when they capout on the RJ if they really expected that kind of pay when they first started flying and dreaming of working a major. I bet if they are honest they are disappointed.

I know, I know. Everyone used to say SWA was bringing down the bar, etc. But the difference is, SWA pilots are well payed and always have been. The RJ is allowing companies to bring down the bar for the whole profession.

Blast away if you want, everyone knows deep down that RJ's are for regional carriers and when majors start buying them the bottom will fall out for pilot pay.

Go ahead, blast away!

Actually I was thinking a bit different.....I was thinking if something like "Soutwest Express" would be possible and operated like a regional?

Actually I was thinking a bit different.....I was thinking if something like "Soutwest Express" would be possible and operated like a regional?
Possible, you bet... already exists. It's all the guys flying the -200's feeding DAL & HOU from West Texas!
Operated like a regional? Well, not really. ;)

Snoopy58 said:
Possible, you bet... already exists. It's all the guys flying the -200's feeding DAL & HOU from West Texas!
Operated like a regional? Well, not really. ;)

Do you think its an idea WN could go after - Southwest Express or Connection fown the road? Jblue will be using the EMB's for regional destinations/small yielding markets - I'm sre WN could manage to do something like that. Possible or way off?

Latest resources

Back