Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
minitour said:
heh...I did that before...

Was on a conference call scraping my car and all the "What is that noise? Who's doing that? Oh my god stop!" from this one b*tch on the call pissed me off so much that I went in, got a BIG pot of water and dumped it all over the windshield...

...I'd shy away from doing that if I were you...

-mini

:D

So did your windshield actually break (fall into pieces) or just have a big crack in it?

WD-40 the rubber seals on your doors. I've been completely unable to open the doors on my car due to ice. Stupid weak-as door handles made of recycled leisure suits. I don't really know why door handles that you could really pull on without destroying went out of style with manufacturers.

mattpilot said:
:D

So did your windshield actually break (fall into pieces) or just have a big crack in it?

Oh I wasn't that lucky, but by the time I cam back out to the car (had to take the pot back inside) feeling all king sh*t, the entire front of the car had a solid sheet of ice on it about 1/4" thick...from the top of the windshield all the way to the front end...

That's when it dawned on me "oh sh*t!!! It could break!"

I don't remember where I thought I was going that morning, but I ended up not going...spent all day with my "baby" (P.O.S. Crapalier) so it wouldn't crap out on me...

-mini

I feel your pain, people.

I HAD to leave the house the other day. (No other choice, dire emergency situation!). I walked out an found about 1/4 inch of fzra on the wind shield. I had to run the car and scrape for about 30 minute before I could leave. Neighbors sat there watching me, cussing about the ice, and Wisconsin, in general.
I then got in the car, drove the two miles to the liqour store and bought a case of beer. I was back in five minutes. Neighbors thought I was crazy. But, like I said, it was an emergency. I was out of beer

tuna said:
I feel your pain, people.

I HAD to leave the house the other day. (No other choice, dire emergency situation!). I walked out an found about 1/4 inch of fzra on the wind shield. I had to run the car and scrape for about 30 minute before I could leave. Neighbors sat there watching me, cussing about the ice, and Wisconsin, in general.
I then got in the car, drove the two miles to the liqour store and bought a case of beer. I was back in five minutes. Neighbors thought I was crazy. But, like I said, it was an emergency. I was out of beer

You sir are my new hero! That indeed is a dire emergency, although I find wild turkey 101 is about the best anti freez. Never leave home without it.

UnstableAviator said:
WD-40 the rubber seals on your doors. I've been completely unable to open the doors on my car due to ice. Stupid weak-as door handles made of recycled leisure suits. I don't really know why door handles that you could really pull on without destroying went out of style with manufacturers.

Silicone would be a better choice for the rubber seals, WD-40 can eat away at the rubber. Of course we're pilots, so we both drive junkers, so its not a big deal anyway.

Tuna: Awesome man. Awesome.

Well, the cardboard appears to have held up, and I was able to open the front door; however, one of the pieces fell off, so now, half my windshield is covered in a coat of ice, while the other half is protected. ALso, my side windows are covered pretty good. Fortunately, I dont have to go anywhere until tomorrow.

Here's the progression of our metars:

METAR CYXU 061300Z 09016G21KT 2 1/2SM -SNPL OVC011 M03/M05 A2967 RMK
NS8 SLP060=
SPECI CYXU 061320Z 09016KT 2 1/2SM -PL -FZRA OVC010 RMK NS8=
METAR CYXU 061400Z 09020G26KT 2 1/2SM -PL -FZRA OVC009 M02/M04 A2957
RMK NS8 SLP029=
SPECI CYXU 061447Z 09018KT 8SM OVC008 REFZRA RMK SC8=
METAR CYXU 061500Z 10015KT 12SM OVC008 M02/M04 A2957 REFZRA RMK SC8
SLP025=
SPECI CYXU 061522Z 11013KT 2SM -FZRA BKN007 OVC015 RMK SF5NS3=

Tomorrow, it's supposed to be sunny. Thank God!

why in the world would you waste good whiskey on a windhsield? I'd just stay home and drink it. If you need beer then order a Domino's pizza and tell themif the driver shows up with a case of Bud he gets 20.00

Mudworm said:
You sir are my new hero! That indeed is a dire emergency, although I find wild turkey 101 is about the best anti freez. Never leave home without it.

Latest resources

Back