• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

WinMX?

CCDiscoB

Total Time
Anyone know what happened to WinMX? Mine stopped working. I learned about it from this site and thought it was great. :confused:

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
Perhaps they are upgrading? I cannot get a connection, just keeps searching.... "Finding network connections" without finding any.

HoursHore

Medieval Warrior
Total Time
4000+
I stopped using it awhile ago. Everyone stopped sharing their libraries, making it useless. I use something called Shareaza now, but its not as good.

Kenny

Total Time
WinMX received a "cease and desist" order from the recording industry and have shut up shop. Limewire seems to be pretty good, for now at least anyway.

HoursHore

Medieval Warrior
Total Time
4000+
Goodgouge. Hopefully the RPAA nazi don't shut it down

Total Time
Oh well, before anyone could warn you about limewire you probably installed it. I do hope you are good with cleaning spyware and virus' off your computer, because limewire should cripple it to almost a standstill in a week or two.

dseagrav

Student Dork
Total Time
threve
The following is a troll, but nobody reads post titties. Err, titles.

How about just not stealing music to begin with?
I'm surprised to see this trash being discussed here. I thought flightinfo was above advocating petty theft.

CCDiscoB

Total Time
Metro752 said:
because limewire should cripple it to almost a standstill in a week or two.
Why is that?

garf12

Total Time
Metro752 said:
Oh well, before anyone could warn you about limewire you probably installed it. I do hope you are good with cleaning spyware and virus' off your computer, because limewire should cripple it to almost a standstill in a week or two.

according to spywareinfo.com...

• Limewire (Current versions of Limewire are clean. Older versions bundled spyware)