Wingman Luggage! What's Up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnnyV

Has anyone heard what the story is with this company? My handle broke weeks ago & can't get them to replace it. They have been great in the past, got some wheels & bearings sent no problems. Heard rumors of a buy out or something. What gives? Costco here I come.

My handle broke about 4 months ago and they sent a replacement right away. Said there was a new handle design in the works. Hope they aren't going away. I suspect the handle is kinda weak and will probably break again.
I do have a Costco bag as a back-up. It is a little smaller though. I can probably fit everything in there - just have to get my wife to sit her fat ass on it to zip it shut...

Checked their website & can't order things anymore. Also the contact info is gone. Not looking good for the home team.

The Wingman dude was supposed to come pitch my AirTran new hire class last week, but no-showed. I'm sticking with PNTCO, anyway.

I put an order in for a wingman bag and after waiting 2 months my company tried calling them and couldn't get a hold of anyone. So, I cancelled my order and will be getting a purdy neat, which I should have done from the get go.

The guy probably grabbed the goods and fled to south america.

Interesting.

I ordered a bag about 10 days ago. I had asked him to ship it to my home, since he said it would arrive before my next trip, but when I called the day before, Mike said he'd been on jury duty and apologized for not getting the bag off to me in time. He promised to get it out that day, and I asked him to send it to an intermediate location that I'd be at for a few days before the trip. Turns out he actually shipped it a day after that, which wasn't really the problem--problem was that he shipped it to my home address instead of to the new one I had given him. Oh well.

Really, this is about par for the course in customer service in my recent experience with several companies, but still a little disappointing given all the great things I've heard about Wingman Luggage. A neighbor had to bring the bag in for me, so I know it arrived, and I am hoping that when I get home in two weeks it will be right...

But it does appear as if they are still in business. No real explanation for the website, though. I had to use Google's cache to get the phone number (877-WINGMAN), since it was no longer on the site. I just figured they were concentrating exclusively on AirTran guys, but if they're missing presentations at those classes, who knows...

Out Of Business!

Got the word today, they are done. Too bad, I liked their bags. Off to Costco.

JV

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back