Wing Aviation / Houston, tx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gulfstreams

Does anyone have any info on Wing Aviation in Houston, Texas.
They are hiring, but have heard after you show up for work and have quit your job they give you a training contract while in indoc. And then they make you sign one every year for recurrent. Slavery ended 200 years ago. Also you are on call 24/7 like a fireman. Anything good or bad would be appreciated, is any of this true. I ran in to the old Chief pilot he says not to do it.

Did you ever hear any more about them. They want me to come work there and I don't know anything about them either. The pay seems good for what they do but I'm wondering if there is a catch?
icon21.gif

Does anyone have any info on Wing Aviation in Houston, Texas.
They are hiring, but have heard after you show up for work and have quit your job they give you a training contract while in indoc. And then they make you sign one every year for recurrent. Slavery ended 200 years ago. Also you are on call 24/7 like a fireman. Anything good or bad would be appreciated, is any of this true. I ran in to the old Chief pilot he says not to do it.

I would ask them flat out if this is the case. Tell them you will not sign a training contract. If they balk then you know you should walk away... Get them to state in writing that you won't have a training contract.

You can find junky GIISPs elsewhere.

I would ask them flat out if this is the case. Tell them you will not sign a training contract. If they balk then you know you should walk away... Get them to state in writing that you won't have a training contract.

You can find junky GIISPs elsewhere.

Gotta like those GIISPs. Yeah, they're old but they still look cool with the winglets...

Wing Aviation is just another charter company that work all of their employees hard. If you are trying to build time, get jet experience, and a type rating or two; I would sign on. Training contract are a way of life for low rent operations and have been pr oven time and time again to be unenforceable.
I was roped into the recurrent resigning the training contract problem myself with a large seafood restaurant company down here in Houston. The contract was almost as big a joke as their ops manual!
I wouldn't sweat it though. Give them a year for training you in a jet, another for a type rating, but by all means be fair about. You owe them some of your time for them training you, but be realistic about it. You are not going to be there for long, and you and they and everyone knows it.

Wing Began three years ago with one airplane and now had 15. We expect to have 3 pilots per plane with a 14 on and 7 off schedule. The training contract began because of three pilots that got typed in school and left after less than 90 days.

Did anyone ask what the old chief is doing now.. I know he is not a chief for anyone anymore

Wing Began three years ago with one airplane and now had 15. We expect to have 3 pilots per plane with a 14 on and 7 off schedule. The training contract began because of three pilots that got typed in school and left after less than 90 days.

Did anyone ask what the old chief is doing now.. I know he is not a chief for anyone anymore

What aircraft are near-term newhires getting hired into? GIIs and GIIIs? Are they well equipped?

14/7 seems a bit rough - what percentage of your time during that 14 on would realistically be at home vs. traveling?

Happy holidays.

Last edited:
I'd like to know this too. I'm looking for a flying job in Texas and might apply if it seems like a decent deal. Feel free to send a PM!

It depends on the aircraft. Some do mostly day trips while others are gone for 4 days at a time. When you are not flying you are at home. I am gone about 10 days a month. 14/7 is a great schedule.

The company is going through growing pains but those that stick around will be rewarded. I expect all of our gII's and GIII to turn into 4's within the next 2 years.

Latest resources

Back