• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Winds of change in PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When that Subway does finally open, its gonna be slower than getting a ground crew away from the Jet Rock for a push during a Monday Night Football game.

BoilerUP said:
When that Subway does finally open, its gonna be slower than getting a ground crew away from the Jet Rock for a push during a Monday Night Football game.

I was just gonna say the same thing. The line is gonna be so long that unless you have a 2 hour break you won't even be able to get a bag of chips.

ceo_of_the_sofa said:
Let this serve as a warning to the mustachioed ladies of Asia Chao and unibrowed girls of Sbarro at the Tiananmen Square (food court at the F concourse)....

The ritzy pen and bag place is now walled in by Subway. I don't know what's going on behind it, but I guess it shouldn't be too long now. Would be a nice Thanksgiving gift, since I'll probably spend it sitting in the crew room upstairs on a "productivity break".

Long live Jarred!

We're talking Philly here, I think the "Coming Soon" sign has been up for at least 4-5 months, so I'm thinking about another 4-5 to go.

What ever happened to Flamers? They actually had a halfway decent cheesesteak that would make my blood coagulate so fast I actually felt sluggish after eating it.

Supposedly the crew room is going to be remodelled in a few weeks.

The Subway "coming soon" sign has been up since late March. By Philly standards that means I'll be in the left seat of a 737 when it opens, and I'll be in the left seat of 777 by the time the first sandwhich comes off the line. And I just can't wait for the typical "friendly" service.

The F concourse in PHL is a mess and proof that Airways hates their express passengers.

With the mice in that terminal, I'd be surprised if that Subway ever sees the light of day.

I've given up on eating in F'd. I can't handle the sweet and sour pigeon from Asian Chao, and I'm sick of "no pepproni, only sosaj" from Habib and his brothers at Sbarro. The only good part about that airport is leaving it.

The food out in Big Boy gates isn't much better. I watched two workers at the Philly Gyro place (midway down C gates I think) get into a fist fight last month. I didn't really care until one of them threw my sandwich at the other one.

For those of you thatl like sushi,
I know it sounds nasty coming out of an airport, but the Sky Bistro in PHL has a takeout sushi stand where the guys cut the fish in front of you and yes it is fresh. They also have an employee menu with discounted prices. Makes a great snack and its good for you.

Latest resources

Back