Wilma is some hurricane!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

4fanman

KPBI 241326Z AUTO 14058G80KT 1/2SM SN FEW002 BKN009 OVC014 RMK AO2 PK WND 13088/1314 SNB17 P0014 FZRANO TSNO $

4fanman said:
KPBI 241326Z AUTO 14058G80KT 1/2SM SN FEW002 BKN009 OVC014 RMK AO2 PK WND 13088/1314 SNB17 P0014 FZRANO TSNO $

Thats Floridian for "Seriously Nasty!" :D

I tried getting the CZM weather via ACARS the other day, and it was "Not Reporting". Darn it, I was CZM-bound for diving in November! Not gonna happen. :(

That looked like a WX report from the east eyewall. I'm about 8 north of PBI and the back wall was a b%tch

The eye was pretty cool. The wind ramped down in about 15 minutes to a low gray overcast and an occasional drizzle. The "weak" west eyewall seemed at least 20% stronger and twice the gust frequency. Heard of a recording of a 126 gust nearby. Last year we had 2 hurricanes clean out the weak trees, this one did much more tree damage along with stripping more leaves. Pretty wild to see "V1/VR" from my window while holding a Corona.

No electric, Briggs and Stratton generator is banging away, beautiful sunny day with a high in the low 70's, and don't even see the need for my window A/C unit for at least a week. Phone works, dial up ISP works great.

I do have grave concerns about my Corona supply. There is a both demand and supply chain issue. Wilma may have hit the Mexican brewerys, damaged intransit facilities, and the final delivery distribution points. Please send me alternative replacements as soon as possible.

Some "light" media entertainment has already started. Less than 24 hours after the storm arrival, a local reporter interviewed people standing in line for water and food, some complaining about the wait time

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back