• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Willow Run airport is in trouble

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats exactly what they said about Chicago Meigs! Didn't stop the commie Daley from making his waterfront parkland though.

Meigs had not received federal funds and so the city was not obligated to keep it open. All they had to do was give notice to the FAA of the closure. (They didn't and got some slap on the wrist fine.)

LR25-

Please, take a grammar class before further postings. Redneck or Cargo Pilot; I cannot tell, either way it likens unto one of those people [still] proudly displaying an Obama-Biden '08 bumper sticker while the country is full throttle with 40 degrees of brown-side showing in the AI. In simpler terms, you are almost proud to embarrass the rest of us.

100-1/2

You are in no position to criticize the grammar of others.

a. The airport has received and continues to receive federal funds and each funding agreement carries the requirement that the airport remain open. The County cannot unilaterally decide to close the airport.
If the funds are repaid to the FAA, the obligation to keep the airport open goes away I believe.

$55m

If the funds are repaid to the FAA, the obligation to keep the airport open goes away I believe.
They have spend $55M, I don't know where they would get it to pay it back. Keeping the airport open is their cheapest option. Blue skies, dad

would that be bad?

Latest resources

Back