Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will you fly NWA during the mech strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GV, I'm not flying on NWA because they've replaced their mechanics with SCABS. The mechanics were willing to accept a 15% decrease in wages, but management apparently held firm with demanding a 24% reduction. I'm wondering how many of the over-bloated upper management people and stockholders reduced any of their personal financial expectations to *help* the company stay afloat?

I'm honoring the striking mechanics right now because I'm in a position to be able to do so, (fly on American West) and I'll sleep better because of it. If the NWA pilots or FA's were on strike, I'd honor their picket lines as well. Probably doesn't mean diddly to anybody except me and my conscience.

My husband is not flying on NWA right now either.

sikntired

sikntired said:
GV, I'm not flying on NWA because they've replaced their mechanics with SCABS. The mechanics were willing to accept a 15% decrease in wages, but management apparently held firm with demanding a 24% reduction. I'm wondering how many of the over-bloated upper management people and stockholders reduced any of their personal financial expectations to *help* the company stay afloat?

If you'll do a little research you'll find that the managers and salaried employees all took a pay cut when the pilots did.

Where you could really complain is the bonuses that the executives received while the company was losing billions.

FamilyGuy, I stand corrected. The executives were/are feeling fat and happy financially, while their "team players" are getting their butts kicked. Whose team are the executives on?

sikntired

I'm not a fractional guy, but my airline buys a lot of airline tickets and we have placed NWA on the banned list.

Latest resources

Back