• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will United pursue AirTran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually.... I heard that rumor the other day.. I heard the new owner of Sun Country wouldn't mind getting his money out of it.. Imagine NWA's horror if they found out AAI bought Sun Country and were gonna setup shop at MSP... Hell, NWA might pay AAI to take Midwest. Plus, I think the Humphrey Terminal is going to be expanded to around 20 gates.. That would be an all out war...

you forgot one merger:

AirTran ... Sun Country

If Joe wanted to get back at NWA for messing with the MEH deal this would do it.

why would you buy an airline that has nothing to offer, doesn't own anyhing and is not profitable? MSP has been trying to get a low cost carrier in MSP for years, they would welcome AAI with open arms with more gates at the Humphrey terminal and then watch the blood bath begin!!!!!!!

naw....nwa would drag out the ol North Central CV580's..start flyin Herman to put the squeeze on ol Tranny! Sun Country and AAI coc blocked again......grin and a smirk....probably find some 300 hr wonders to work for free ....

If you look at most of the fares out of MSP on NW, they already have a low-cost carrier. It is cheaper to fly than drive to many destinations.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back