Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAPilot said:
Just curious about two things:

1) Where in date of hire has UAL furloughed to?

2) There used to be an Aviation analyst who would put certain airlines on "Titanic watch", is she still around and if so are either UAL or US on the list??

thanks

AA pilot,
1) 9426 (lowest pilot on 2003 seniority list) - 2172 (pilots furloughed) = 7254 (most junior pilot's seniority number)
Hired 9/21/98.
#7255 was hired 9/28/98

They don't intentionally furlough by class date; this must've just been an anomoly. 7239-7254 were hired 9/21/98; 7255-7270 were hired 9/28/98.

2) Holly Hegeman from planebusiness.com put UAL on Titanic Watch prior to UAL going chap 11. planebusiness has since started charging fees to read the website. I don't pay for planebusiness, so I don't know if she's still got UAL on Titanic watch. My guess is yes.

UAL's got $2.4 bil; $1.8 bil unrestricted. They'll have no problem making it to the busy summer season. If it's a good summer, UAL should be past most of the icebergs. (UAL owes ~$700 mil in DIP loans).

I'm a little scared of UAL comming back to do some damage in a year or so from now. They have been slowly cleaning house behind our backs and thier numbers are getting better...better than many of us thought. They also have some serious political pull it seems.

Latest resources

Back