• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Will the USAir/Delta Merger happen

• YES

Votes: 190 38.2%
  • NO

Votes: 308 61.8%

• Total voters
No way

It won't happen due to the route maps looking identical. I don't think America West and USair had hubs near each other. And the low cost carriers like Southwest and Airtran could not fill in the gaps to the small cities that would lose service. They wouldn't want to go to those small cities, and they don't have regional jets.

Jet:
I agree. I would much rather see DL & NW join forces, if DL were to be acquired/merge with someone. Anyone but US Airways. They bring nothing to the table for DL except for some old has been airbuses from AWA. NW's Asia presence along with DL's Europe routes would, in my opinion (which ain't worth squat I know) would fit alot better than dougie parker's synergies!

why would you guys want to merge with NW. I believe they have the worst relationship with mgt. It would get really ugly.

why would you guys want to merge with NW. I believe they have the worst relationship with mgt. It would get really ugly.

I'm only saying that if we had to merge/or were bought out by someone. US Airways/AWA brings NOTHING to the table for DL. At least with a NW merger, there are key asian routes to be linked to a great european route structure.

I'm only saying that if we had to merge/or were bought out by someone. US Airways/AWA brings NOTHING to the table for DL. At least with a NW merger, there are key asian routes to be linked to a great european route structure.

And hubs in the States that do not overlap as much. (maybe MEM and ATL) USAir and AWA had hubs that were not even close to each other, which was key to their approval from the DOJ and Transportation committee. Also, USAir wanted a white knight, whereas DL does not.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well guys here it is. The courts have already decided that it is in the best interest of both parties to AP P NYY120406/07. bottom line APP PhxATL. Have a good day.

Oh,,,and by the way....Keep your eye on the Ball..This could be a curve, knuckle or even a Slow Ball....Batter UP.

Or a spit-ball heading for a pine-tarred corked-bat. Watch out for the suicide squeeze on a hit-and-run with a possible infield fly rule preceeded by a ground-rule double. This is giving me a 7-10 splitting headache.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back