Will the USAir/Delta Merger happen

• YES

Votes: 190 38.2%
  • NO

Votes: 308 61.8%

• Total voters

Longhorn

Evil Genius
Well, members have asked for the poll, so here it is. Let the discussion begin. Lets please respect others opinions here and no flaiming.

Last edited:
There's no "so what" button...:rolleyes:

There's no "so what" button...:rolleyes:
That's pretty funny, too... :)

Never say never, but my vote is "No." Delta's got the board and the creditors saying "No, thanks," and it has way too much overlapping routes and services, so it's doubtful it'd make it off the hill either.

I DO, however, think this will stir the pot and, in the next year, we'll see the beginning of at least one, if not two mergers/acquisitions of legacy and/or LCC's.

Flame away!

I havent heard any creditors saying no yet. The overlap can be discussed and the PBGC is a creditor, which might put pressure on the Feds to help out their own agency. I'd say 50/50. Who ever thought AWA/USA would make a profit so soon? This industry is one of the trickiest to predict.
Old School

This deal has zero chance of happening. There are mergers in this industry that make sense, but this isn't one of them....this might actually be the worst combination that anyone could ever dream up!

The Delta creditors already realize that this is a low-ball offer and you will see this deal die a quick death in the next few weeks...mark my word.

It may spurn other deals, however....and it could get interesting!

Abe44

100% this won't go through. Based off of inside information that of course I cannot divulge. Which means that nobody will believe me regardless. Just let it be known, DAL-US will not happen, however, there will be a shakedown announced fairly soon involving other carriers (or perhaps even US again).

100% this won't go through. Based off of inside information that of course I cannot divulge. Which means that nobody will believe me regardless. Just let it be known, DAL-US will not happen, however, there will be a shakedown announced fairly soon involving other carriers (or perhaps even US again).

Sounds like you may have some inside info "I Love"...

I think Delta comes out of this mess as a stand alone carrier. Do you have any info that disputes this? (And please don't tell me that United will mount a successful bid...just aint gonna happen!)

Abe44

The US AIR and DAL merger will not happen, and here's why....

DAL and NWA entered bankruptcy court in NY on the same day, same courthouse, same time.

I believe that this was carefully orchestrated, so that that the people and attorneys working on both of the reorganizations could essentially, work together, without having to travel accross the country. Additionally, having the same courthouse, judiciary, and staff would further enhance the efficiency of combinning DAL/NWA.

Texas Pacific Group's, David Bonderman, I believe is also a player in this deal.

I could be totally wrong, but having two major airlines file CH11, same courthouse, same time is more than just a coincidance.

One can argue that a DAL / NWA merger may make sense, at least there is something to compliment each other with. Bye bye Cincy keep DTW and /or MSP. Bye be MEM and keep ATL.

At least for the international flying (which the legacies believe the profit are and not suceptible to cheaper fares, Delta has Europe and NW has the Orient.

Didn't realize most pilots are professional anal lysts. Come on it's like sports announcers picking a team that's going to win. Or stock analysts. 50/50 it will happen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back