Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will the Fractional guys ever be a part of Crewpass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not convinced it would save cash. Getting bumped off a flight and delaying an owner trip can be VERY expensive.

Well THAT'S a good point. You know some bean counter would do the math and want to try.

Moot point though cause every frac has airline backgrounded pilots that should and would quickly point out it can't be done.

I still think is would be worth it to each frac to get jumpseat access for it's pilots because:

A. It would be a moral boost, and

B. There are some pilots on the list it would help. My example of a Chief Pilot going to work comes to mind. Those are all tickets that could be saved by just having them commute on the jumpseat. That seams like a justified use of the jumpseat.

Well THAT'S a good point. You know some bean counter would do the math and want to try.

Moot point though cause every frac has airline backgrounded pilots that should and would quickly point out it can't be done.

I still think is would be worth it to each frac to get jumpseat access for it's pilots because:

A. It would be a moral boost, and

B. There are some pilots on the list it would help. My example of a Chief Pilot going to work comes to mind. Those are all tickets that could be saved by just having them commute on the jumpseat. That seams like a justified use of the jumpseat.

This is a legitimate question: In pursuit of a morale booster as well as allowing fractional chief pilots the ability to commute to work, what are the advantages afforded to a 121 CASS participant? Would that mean I would have access to Net Jets schedule this allowing me and my colleagues the ability to walk across a GA ramp and jump seat on a Gulfstream?
Please accept this from a guy who commutes to and from work and is purely offering my opinion....................CHEERS

Well that would have to change. For the benefit offered to frac companies I would think many wouldn't mind offering a ride to offline pilots.

It's a ride only. They don't get free amenities or booze or whatever. Just the ride.

If you're on the ramp and a, let's say JetBlue, pilot comes up and askes where you're going and you respond with where he is going why not take him. I know it's against the company rules, but I'm saying, besides that why not? What if it wasn't against company rules?

Take it a step further and have a central place that lists various frac dead legs. Companies could try to sell them first but if they can't then have them listed on some web site that the 121 guys could check. If there is a match then head on over and get your ride...in style.

Look, Fed Ex and UPS have jumpseats even though they are really hard to utilise. I think it could be done. Just have to think outside the box. Win win if it did ever happen.

Well that would have to change. For the benefit offered to frac companies I would think many wouldn't mind offering a ride to offline pilots.

It's a ride only. They don't get free amenities or booze or whatever. Just the ride.

If you're on the ramp and a, let's say JetBlue, pilot comes up and askes where you're going and you respond with where he is going why not take him. I know it's against the company rules, but I'm saying, besides that why not? What if it wasn't against company rules?

Take it a step further and have a central place that lists various frac dead legs. Companies could try to sell them first but if they can't then have them listed on some web site that the 121 guys could check. If there is a match then head on over and get your ride...in style.

Look, Fed Ex and UPS have jumpseats even though they are really hard to utilise. I think it could be done. Just have to think outside the box. Win win if it did ever happen.

Agreed: Thinking outside of the box is something this entire industry could and should utilize. My previous response is purely my own self servitutde speaking aloud! Personally, (although I am a lowly FO) I would be happy to oblige any professional pilot who is attempting to get home or get to work regardless if they are 91, 135 or 121.

At my airline, the jumpseat coordinator would get jumpseat privileges revoked for any company that used the jumpseat for company business travel. Further, jumpseat coordinators typically talk to each other and other airlines would quickly find out - making it difficult for any of your pilots who try to jumpseat legitimately.

You must not work for USAir. NJ had a pilot jumpseat for "company business" from DCA to TPA. Get this!!! in the COCKPIT jumpseat, as a non-CASS crewmember.

I wonder if the TSA and HS found out about it.

Amazing stuff going on out there.

This whole jumpseat thing is moot. Even 121 pilots with legitimate jumpseat access cannot use it for business purposes. That's one of the quickest ways to lose your jumpseat privileges. And, for example, if United needs to move a pilot from A to B they can't send him on somebody's jumpseat. They gotta buy a ticket.

As someone above stated, the only reason NJ (or any other frac) would apply to get it's pilots into CASS is that it is a requirement for CREWPASS. This would allow quicker security screening which might allow a pilot to get on an earlier flight or have a later show time at the start of a day. Over time, this could save the company some scratch.

Helm

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back