Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Republic waive the age 23 for the 170?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whiskerbizkit said:
I agree, They cant even rent a car.

That's what the hotel shuttle vans are for.

FurloughedAgain said:
When I was 21 Chautauqua hired me to fly the Jetstream. (sigh) Boy i'd do anything to go back 10 years to that first day at Chautauqua knowing what I know now.

why you still would have to tell people u work at CHQ

GO AROUND said:
E170 a level c sim? Never flown one but pretty sure you meant Level d. We train FO's in level D CRJ sims all the time to 100% and the QLOFT. Can't think of a reason why CHQ wouldn't do the same?

I think they do mean Level C. Level D sim's don't have any restrictions applied to them right? We used Level C sim's during our 757 training, and in order to use them, you needed either a type in a jet, or x hours of jet time, with an ATP.

Embraer specifically does NOT allow flight training in the actual 170 aircraft. They had a letter cut by the govt specifically forbidding this...... all SIM or nothing

Contrary to popular opinion, you CAN rent a car under 25. You'll just have to pay a small premium to do it...

My guess is the ATP mins for the 170 are just another discriminator used in screening applicants.

Why would they Build a level C sim for a brand new aircraft??? I understand the 757 being level C but not the 170.

Puck Mugger said:
Do they let you bring your toys in the sim???;)
if by toys you mean 18 year old girlfriend, then.....yes they did!

GO AROUND said:
E170 a level c sim? Never flown one but pretty sure you meant Level d. We train FO's in level D CRJ sims all the time to 100% and the QLOFT. Can't think of a reason why CHQ wouldn't do the same?

i was told it was not certified to a level D yet, but it would be soon. this is why you had to have atp mins. Once it is level D, then the ATP mins would be dropped. This all comes from the manager of training, or one of the managers.

And it doesnt matter about previous types, when i was hired with CHQ I had a Citation Type.... they didn't care b/c I was 20. So unless it is level D, it doesn't matter unless you meet all ATP mins.

Bdfg1 said:
Sorry to hear you can't rent a car at the present time. No need to fret, 2-3 years will pass by before you realize it. Happy driving.
It's just that they can't afford to pay for the rental car at their pay scales.
PBR

Why does it matter whether you get the 170 or not? Its not like you'll be paid more.

Latest resources

Back