• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Net Jets hiring slow this year?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is only an educated guess on my part, but I do NOT see them relaxing the domicile thing. I know a lot of people think they won't be able to attract the numbers they need with the domicile system for new hires, but I disagree. There are about to be a whole buncha FLYi guys looking for work. Not to mention a huge glut of other highly-qualified unemployed pilots already out there. Sure, being told which of 5 cities you're going to be at sucks, but it probably beats unemployment for a lot of folks. Not everyone will accept it, but I think there'll be enough to fill all the new spots.
Just my opinion.

I was in recurrent about three weeks ago. #2 man said 40 planes and 400+ pilots. Could have already changed...

In October recurrent, I thought I heard two different estimates - one said 350 for '06, the other prognostication was 450 for the same year.

I think the training vendors (FSI, et al) will probably need to add sim capacity for the sort of hiring NJA is talking about. It's an interesting spiral - more hiring requires more sims for initial but the flip side is that more pilots on the seniority list also requires more sims for recurrent training.

The minimum qualifications will NOT lower. Actually the competetive qualifications have increased quite a bit recently. I heard that 5000 hours is now competetive

netjetwife said:
If they were to wind up lowering their standards, they should legally..at the very least ethically...have to inform the owners of that decision. A change in the operating procedure that the owners agreed to would represent a contract violation, wouldn't it? A bait and switch? False advertising? If owners sign up based on the promise of 2 captains in every plane, can NJA arbitrarily provide less experience in the cockpit? From catering to the experience of the flight crew, at the prices they pay to fly they certainly deserve to get their money's worth.
My November interview class had all active and retired airline guys except for myself and one other guy from a 135. My December indoc had 19 guys 1 girl, all came from the airlines (Major and Regional) except for me and one other 135 guy. I don't thing the standards have been lowered.

Latest resources

Back