Will FlyI survive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWPA Pilot

I live in the DC area and have used Independence Air for jumpseating, personal travel and dh for work. I really like the airline and IAD can use them. What is the word out there, are they going to make it? I'm rooting for them. If they go, Yonited will jack up their prices.

Jack up what prices? My buddies went to Vegas and back from Richmond for 169 round trip. That probably didn't even pay for their fuel. Dulles is a f#####ng mess since they seperated from United. I am not wishing ill will on the indy guys but what are you talking about. They are charging less then what it costs them to operate their flights.

I believe he said UNITED would jack up their prices without Indy's competition at IAD, therefore he was hoping they survive.

Reading comprehension 101 remedial for you, sir.

Yeah, United will jack up their prices and attempt to price themselves right out of the "wide open" Washington D.C., Northern VA., Baltimore MD. market.

Get a clue. They won't jack up anything. They wont need too cause Business travelers would rather drive the toll road to Dulles to fly direct on United, versus drive into DCA and pay to park or ride the god-forsaken metro just to fly a US Air flight direct to anywere. Unless Alaska is your destination. Or, the Senators and suits will drive the beltway to Trailer Trash Intl. and fly with the tanktop likes next to them in the lovely leather seats of SWA.

SWPA Pilot said:
I live in the DC area and have used Independence Air for jumpseating, personal travel and dh for work. I really like the airline and IAD can use them. What is the word out there, are they going to make it? I'm rooting for them. If they go, Yonited will jack up their prices.

I think you meant to say actually charge what it costs to fly that person to their destination.

AA

I am no business major, but I can clearly see that you can't make it in this industry when you charge $29 to FL. They can't keep their prices that low. That is taking the title LCC to a new level. LLCC (lowest low cost carrier)?

I am just trying to find out if anyone has heard if they have a plan to somehow stay in business. I like their routes, schedule, customer service and I haven't had any real problems flying with them.

They lost 100mil last quarter and they have something like 67 mil left in cash res. Oil is $65 a barrel and thier model was based on 40. Dosen't look good for Indy.

Latest resources

Back