• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Flex open their bases soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That attitude is what keeps the domiciles from expanding. Just take it or leave it. Flex has the worst domicile list of any fractional - even FLOPS has a better domicile policy. That's too bad because I am betting that even some of your pilots (or potential pilots) would like a West Coast base - Denver don't count... What about Chicago? What about Atlanta? Why should Denver be preferred over Chicago or Atlanta? All of those hubs could shuttle Flex crews around the country without much complexity or difference in cost - right? Yeah, the policy doesn't make much sense and I am sure some people are turned off and not applying.

I didn't say I like it or think it's good for the company. I just think it's reality!

It has been rumored they recently did not hire a few people because they said they were not moving to one of the bases and were going to commute.

It has been rumored they recently did not hire a few people because they said they were not moving to one of the bases and were going to commute.

It happened to some one I know.

If you don't like the bases like ORD said, don't apply. This is the only way we will get more bases.

[SIZE=-1]We will not get any new bases even if no one applies they will just change the work rules so we can work more and cover the shortage. The Kool Aid drinkers and Money people will be happy to do it and work 6 days 16 hours days the whole time because they are helping the company/making money.
[/SIZE]

That attitude is what keeps the domiciles from expanding. Just take it or leave it. Flex has the worst domicile list of any fractional - even FLOPS has a better domicile policy. That's too bad because I am betting that even some of your pilots (or potential pilots) would like a West Coast base - Denver don't count... What about Chicago? What about Atlanta? Why should Denver be preferred over Chicago or Atlanta? All of those hubs could shuttle Flex crews around the country without much complexity or difference in cost - right? Yeah, the policy doesn't make much sense and I am sure some people are turned off and not applying.

Flex was not even on my radar for this reason. I got a job at NetJets instead. Eventually these companies are going to have to realize that they will have to expand their domiciles to attract more pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back