• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will DAL/NW Merge? Yay or Nay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jim G. was in the pilot lounge and said that management will not proceed with the merger if the pilot unions do not come to an agreement. I would hate to give management too much credit for learning from other people's mistakes but it looks like they did. No one wants the scenario that they are facing over at US Air.

I hope it dies. I've seen nothing but rumors and none of them have been good for Delta pilots. Everything has been NWA will be brought up to (enter item) so they will be the same as Delta pilots. So I ask what, other than an Asian presence, are we Delta guys getting from this merger?

My bet is no. The DAL proposal is SO rank, its a non starter.

Unless the DAL guys crawl down from their high horse, or Anderson and Co decide to force the issue, it's done.

Nu

I agree.

There's this mail-order liquid which causes substances to acquire an odor of stool.

If each Delta pilot were issued a bottle, and used it daily on their bodily effluent, we may have a deal!

I agree.

There's this mail-order liquid which causes substances to acquire an odor of stool.

If each Delta pilot were issued a bottle, and used it daily on their bodily effluent, we may have a deal!

So where did you get your bottle from?:laugh:

What do you think this merger does to the Delta pilots plans to push wages up in 2009 when the contract come up for renegotiation? Would the bump in NWA pilots pay have already used the "raise money" so to speak? I just keep wondering how this is a good deal for Delta pilots unless the top Northwest guys punch out immediately.

It looks like they negotiated a 4 year deal which would push our amenable date back 2 years.

The origional question was "Do you think DAL-NWA will merge, yea or nay", not how a pilot senority list will be formed. Richard Anderson was sent down to Atlanta, by the hedge fund operators and the biggest debtors to facilitate a merger. Delta and NorthWest bankrupted on the same day, the twenty biggest debtors for Delta are also the 20 biggest debtors for NorthWest. An agreement among the pilots would be nice, but will not stop this merger. Only the Justice Department can do that.

DOH is the only fair way to go. Plus the easiest.

NWA has 60 wide body aircraft.

Delta has 120 wide body plus 120 757's that pay wide body rates, that's a total of 240 aircraft paying wide body rates. That's half the fleet. 4 TIMES what NWA has to offer. Not to mention our pay rates on the 767-400 are higher then their 74's.

KILL IT!!!

Everything has been NWA will be brought up to (enter item) so they will be the same as Delta pilots.

That's why NWA guys have no desire to merge with the DAL group. They think so highly of themselves that they have to bring up us unworthy losers. And because their $h!t don't stink, we should just be happy to be on the bottom of their list. If we're lucky, we might even get to sniff your left seat when you get out of it.

Let me be clear. We don't need you. We will get contract repair. Unfortunately we may have to wait a few years. We'll also enjoy seniority progression over the next 13 years via retirement while the DAL list is stagnant at the top. It beats having to jerk gear for arrogant mudpipes for the next 25 years. Maybe both companies will benefit via the Skyteam alliance, but at this point we'll do just fine on our own. I know the financials considerably favor one company over the other. Thanks for asking.

Schwanker

And because their $h!t don't stink, we should just be happy to be on the bottom of their list. If we're lucky, we might even get to sniff your left seat when you get out of it.

Sounds like somebody's got an inferiority complex. I'll tell my Delta friends not to change their drawers for a couple of days prior to flying with you.

Good luck with your contract "repair." More like "rebuild."

Latest resources

Back