Will Comair survive as an Independant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichO

I don't think so, anyone else agree? Look at the facts, the low cost commuters (and yes I'm now going back to calling us commuters, we sure are all acting like them etc...low pay, crappy work rules, give left *ut for a job)......anyways, their a dime a dozen........and Comair is left coming down from attempting to set a industry standard for a REGIONAL, but every tom dick and hairy airline decided to go the other direction, hence we're all back to commuters....a dime a dozen......2 go under, 3 start, nice annual rotation.......only a few will survive year after year......will Comair be able to beat everyone else to the bottom to get the majority of the flying in time....hmmm...interesting question......so many others have a great head start......should I mention Independance Air?? Not to mention the CRJ's are become outdated...and not large enough, how's the back order on those E170s/E190s........what is Comair to do???? Start flying 787's for 50 bucks an hour?

Classic supply and demand, there is way too much supply out there hence low fares and only the strong will survive until the general market changes...and causes increased fares so airlines can actually start making some good money....

Last edited:
Wow, 360+ plus posts and you still seem like you're new to this. Good luck figuring out why I just burned you.

Independant? How are they gonna do that still owned by DAL? Heard the rumours that DAL is prepping them for a sale but to who? Don't know what investment group is stupid enough to jump into the airlines.

Propsync said:
Wow, 360+ plus posts and you still seem like you're new to this. Good luck figuring out why I just burned you.

Brother, I have limited space up in the ol'brain, so I'll bite here......explain how you just burned me.....I believe I asked a simple question that can be answered with Yes or No......Do you think Comair can survive as an independent airline? Independence tried it, but look at them now.....so......what's the answer, oh, first explain to the "Penguin challenged" people (myself included) how you burned me????? Since you seem to find it so amusing.....

As an independant carry like FlyI? No we won't. I have a feeling our pay is going to get slashed and burned to the point we are cheaper than most and end up with aircraft.

Cant happen!

This subject is a mute point. Comair is not free to pursue their own fate. They are a WO that Delta controls. ACA was not a WO and could do what they wanted. Apples and Oranges!

Now Comair may be sold, and then there may be room for independent expansion, but that would be limited at best. They cant sell tickets on DELTA routs unless DELTA allows it, and that ain't happening! They cant just quit and try to fly those routes either.

Even if they were sold, they would be very limited in their ability to independently branch out and procure DELTA routes. There would more than likely be a prenup signed that would not authorize any independent competing operations.

So the quick answer is NO!:smash:

Latest resources

Back