wiggins c208 pilots needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey man, it is what it is.

Its only a Caravan and it is scheduled! A really nice way to get some Turbine experience. I used to work for them. Great experience for the time I was there. Wiggins, as well as many other places are only rungs in the ladder. Besides how much Single Turbine time can anyone want? There was two types of pilots working their, those climbing the ladder, and those winding down into the fall of their careers.

Wiggins Airways
1 Garside Way
Manchester, NH 03103
(603) 629-9191
(603) 669-8708 (Fax)

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Position[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Description[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Pilot - Cessna 208[/FONT]

OPEN [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]2000 Hours Total Time, 1000 Hours PIC, Commercial and Instrument Rating. Previous Part 135 experience preferred. Bases thoughout the Northeast. These are minimum mandatory requirements. Do Not apply unless you meet these requirements.[/FONT]

Wiggins Airways, Inc. was founded in 1929 by E. W. Wiggins. Through creation of an ESOP, the employees purchased the company in 1985. Wiggins Airways employs approximately 160 people with annual sales exceeding $20 million.
The company has an in-house stock of parts, special tools and factory trained mechanics. We take great pride in maintaining our aircraft to the highest standards. This standard is reflected in our excellent safety record and high state of readiness.

The company owns and operates 1 DHC-6 Twin Otter and 7 BE-99 principally employed in support of United Parcel Service. As a "Feeder Operator" for the Federal Express Corporation, we also operate 32 C-208 Cessna Caravans throughout the Northeastern US and Canada. In addition a Beach A100 is available for passenger charter.
Our Beech A100 is certified for passenger operation, while the Twin Otter, Beech 99s and Caravans are certified for Cargo only. All aircraft are equipped with GPS or Loran C and Cargo Doors.
We currently employ some 50 pilots, all of whom are highly experienced in IFR flight conditions. They are dispatched by our 24 hour per day flight following department. All aircraft are IFR equipped and certified for flight in known icing.
Wiggins Airways is the holder of FAA Air Carrier Certificate AXSA-325C and Canadian Foreign Air Carrier Operator Certificate F-118

PM me for more specific info.

Last edited:
Also needed

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]Pilot - Beech 99[/FONT]
OPEN [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]2000 Hours Total Time, 1000 Hours PIC, Commercial and Instrument Rating. 500 Hours Multi-Engine PIC and Part 135 experience preferred. These are minimum mandatory requirements. Do Not apply unless you meet these requirements.[/FONT]

I know this has been asked here a few times, but I've never seen an answer:

Where are the pilot bases? Does Wiggins hire into bases?

They have numerous bases. They cover the north east for Fedex and UPS. As far north to KPQI down to KBWI, and west to KPIT.

They hire where needed. When someone leaves, pillots move around to where they want to be based. All based on senority. Then after the base switching they hire outside. When I was there about 2/3 of the pilots were where they wanted to be.

The bases as I remember:

BGR
ELM
MHT
RUT
BTV
MPV
IPT
MDT
HYA OR MVY
PLB
ALB