Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Widespread public distain of airline pilots (or lack of)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Runs Vicky's Secret???

SWEET!!!!!!!! I have gotten the same responses... Millionaire, player, gentleman...Lies, all falsehoods....

I am still trying to get this out to the public, and have linked it on a few sites where Mom and Pop Passenger can take a gander... I have gotten a few "wow, I did not realize it" responses..But still the myth remains...Getting it into ALAP monthly seems like a waste. Any suggestions?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/364996/flying_the_unfriendly_skies_with_an.html

Last edited:
SWEET!!!!!!!! I have gotten the same responses... Millionaire, player, gentleman...Lies, all falsehoods....

I am still trying to get this out to the public, and have linked it on a few sites where Mom and Pop Passenger can take a gander... I have gotten a few "wow, I did not realize it" responses..But still the myth remains...Getting it into ALAP monthly seems like a waste. Any suggestions?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/364996/flying_the_unfriendly_skies_with_an.html

Why in the h ell are you (and it seems a lot of other pilots) so obsessed about how the "public" views you and making them aware of how underpaid (in your eyes) you/we are? This all screams serious self esteem problems to me.

Personally I could care less if anyone knows what I do for a paycheck let alone how much I'm compensated for it. If I'm not happy about my situation I change it, not look for sympathy from the "public". Again, because I'm curious....why???

I can hardly respect myself any more either... Getting 18 days off a month, having a decent time at "work", making $150 a year, vacationing all over the world... This sucks man. I have no respect for myself.

Sounds great, but 150 bucks a year only goes so far :D

mlkjlkjklj

Do you really think the public would even notice (much less respond to) a modest increase such as $10 on short flights and maybe $20-30 on longer domestic ones? I seriously doubt it. As it is now, the devitaion from the expected price is often so large that it easily would mask small increases.

Even if they were told point blank, the amount of revenue would more than likely increase at a far greater rate that the loss from fewer people flying. A perfect example is when in early 2004 gas was well under $2.00. Now it is over $3.00 and people have just gotten used to is. They HAVE NOT cut back on UNNECESSARY driving to any large extent. Instead they have just absorbed it and bickered then forgoten about it.

By the way, I see no other place but up for airline pilot pay in the future. We are just pulling out of a nose dive, there are fewer student pilot certs issued now than 10 yrs ago (less supply) and demand for air travel in the USA according to the International Air Transport Assoc. is suppose to increase by 5.3% annually until at least 2011 (more demand)!

Clearly this will only help pilots gain leverage in raising the bar for better pay in the future.

Yes A small increase, in the aggregate, will be noticed by passengers. But we should still step up to the plate and demand what we are worth even if it affects growth at our companies......

Latest resources

Back