• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

WIA Money and Citation

Humblepilot

Total Time
Does anyone know of a Citation training program that is approved of by the State of Illinois that is close to the $6000 they are paying?

Thanks,
Humble

vclean

Total Time
1/2
When I applied for the WIA funds, I had already researched inexpensive places for a CE500 rating. Jet-Type in Ft. Lauderdale does it for ~$6,500, and Flight Crew Systems is ~$5,500.

Unfortunately the only approved training for bizjets in Illinois are SimCom, Simuflite and Flight Safety. Flight Safety's CE500 rating is ~$11,000. I'm sure the others are in the same range.

The only program that is close to the $6,000 grant is Higher Power Aviation in Dallas. The 737 rating is $7,380 for a sim only program.

A Citation rating is more practical for me now, but the 737 is required for SWA and is more affordable, (it's easier to find $1,400 vs. $5,000+)

Good luck,