• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WIA funds for ATP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was able to get $1500 from my state to get an ATP. My state is extremely limited on funds, so there was no way to get $6k for a B737 type, which I really didn't want anyway. I found a Seneca and a Sim in my Area and got my ATP that way in just a few days, the money they gave me was more than enough.

I was able to get $1500 from my state to get an ATP. My state is extremely limited on funds, so there was no way to get $6k for a B737 type, which I really didn't want anyway. I found a Seneca and a Sim in my Area and got my ATP that way in just a few days, the money they gave me was more than enough.

What state do you live in. I live in Ohio, but I was hoping to take my written here in Ohio(mine is expired and I no longer fly 121) and take the practical with John Trask up in Presque Ilse, ME.

Ohio seems more loose with the purse strings than most other states you could try, but it's been an uphill battle for pilots to get any money these days. Getting the funds for an ATP check wouldn't be unheard of. Here's a link to those guys, if you haven't been to the site already.

Latest resources

Back