• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why you should fly the big airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In other industries, consumers build mutually beneficial relationships with providers of goods and services. Wal-Mart shoppers won’t shop anywhere else, just as BMW owners won’t let anyone else service their $70,000 vehicles. These consumers are fiercely loyal, no matter their income bracket.

I disagree that Wal-Mart customers are fiercely loyal. If K-mart or any other discount retailer could beat Wal-Mart's prices and services, don't think for a second the average consumer wouldn't shop elsewhere. Many people in a community may feel a little guilty when a Wal-Mart is built, knowing it may well drive small local shops out of business. Somehow, everyone ends up shopping at Wal-Mart anyway. People looking to save a dollar (most people) have little or no loyalty in nearly every industry.

avernas said:
Many people in a community may feel a little guilty when a Wal-Mart is built, knowing it may well drive small local shops out of business. Somehow, everyone ends up shopping at Wal-Mart anyway. People looking to save a dollar (most people) have little or no loyalty in nearly every industry.

I actually stopped shopping at Wal-Mart when I found out about the way they run business. I also stopped going to Sam's Club when I found out they were associated with Wal-Mart.

I'm a BAAAAAAD man for wanted some compensation for what I do. I'm sure the jerk does not know that half what pilots have to do just to keep their jobs let alone the time and training to become one adding to how much time we spend away from our families.

I bet that jerk doesn't have to pass a physical ever six months or will lose his job if he gets diabetes. I beet he doesn't three quaters of his time away from home. he doesn't have to do recurrent. he doesn't have to worry about some Ahole from the FAA that has a chip on his shoulder and can ruin you forever because you made a human mistake.

I am not a big union guy and do for the most part believe them obsolete. However, I do believe there does need some organization for pilots because we're doing something we love to do and that gets used against us.

TiredOfTeaching said:
I am not a big union guy and do for the most part believe them obsolete. However, I do believe there does need some organization for pilots because we're doing something we love to do and that gets used against us.

And why would you be a big union guy?

Be58 C210 C172 C152 Be23 Be24 CH2T PA28/180 PA23/250

This kind of equipment is typically not covered by many unions.

Last edited:
Paul R. Smith said:
And why would you be a big union guy?

Be58 C210 C172 C152 Be23 Be24 CH2T PA28/180 PA23/250

Are you kidding me? Judge this guy of what he flies or has flown on his little profile on the side of his name? Please... Get over it.

Last edited:
TiredOfTeaching said:
I'm a BAAAAAAD man for wanted some compensation for what I do. I'm sure the jerk does not know that half what pilots have to do just to keep their jobs let alone the time and training to become one adding to how much time we spend away from our families.

I bet that jerk doesn't have to pass a physical ever six months or will lose his job if he gets diabetes. I beet he doesn't three quaters of his time away from home. he doesn't have to do recurrent. he doesn't have to worry about some Ahole from the FAA that has a chip on his shoulder and can ruin you forever because you made a human mistake.

Does your editor have the day off?

GP

Guppy: D@mn funny. And spot on to boot.

Paul R. Smith said:

Because I've been around for more than a couple of days and have some knowledge of econmics and history. Judging your profile, I'd figure you for a PFT guy. Guess that would make you a big union guy to make up for your past. Hmmmm? At least I got to the EMB honestly.

TiredOfTeaching said:
What are you? The "Spell check Nazi?"

No. I just had to read your post a few times before I could understand what you were trying to say. It gets a bit frustrating.

GP

Latest resources

Back