Why We Fired Captain Kirk?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jimpilot said:
It is an interesting study; the differences between Kirk and Picard and their leadership styles. Who would you rather fly with?

I'd rather fly with Picard...for some reason he seems more "captain like" than Kirk...

Jim seems more Admiral material...a shame he got demoted...

I'm very surprised Picard wasn't promoted too...he followed Starfleet regs for the most part...

Plus he got it on with that Borg chick too...very nice score for Picard...

A shame they killed Data off...he was the glue that held together the movies in the first place...

-mini

NuGuy said:
Nah,

The new bad-a$$ on the block is Commander Adama from the new BSG. Plus, the show has mucho eye-candy...

Nu

Lt Castillo not withstanding, Hawk could be a pretty gungho leader

as for the BSG eyecandy....
yeah the cylon chick is pretty fine,
but thats about it,
starbuck, eh, she's ok, but she always looks like she's comin off a 3 day heroin bender
boomer, well asian girls generally don't do anything for me (although she's not bad i suppose)
what else is there?

but then of course, i'm no Leonardo DiCaprio either.....

I can't believe I'm commenting on this thread, but...

Captain kirk was forced off because he kept seeing something, someone on the wing. Can't have a captain doing that.

Today there are still too many cases of Captains who believe they're flying alone up there. Too many who fail to realize that the First Officer stands the same chance of getting hurt, killed, or violated, for anything that goes wrong, and who fail to utilize the experience and assets brought to the table by the First Officer. That garbage didn't end years ago...it's still going on today.

avbug said:
I can't believe I'm commenting on this thread, but...

Today there are still too many cases of Captains who believe they're flying alone up there. That garbage didn't end years ago...it's still going on today.

av,

I can't believe I'm commenting either as this is one area where opinion often passes for fact...and I try to stay out of those. However, you and I both know only a fool doesn't listen to the FO...or the FA, mech, gate agent, pax,...the devil, if necessary. Absent any better motivation for His Highness, self preservation will suffice.

I'm still not sure what Mr. Nance's motivation was for writing his "commentary" as he seems to be saying "problem now solved". The public doesn't care/understand ( just give 'em those $59 tickets ) and the aviation community knows things can/should always be improved. Human beings will always make this a tough process, but it's better than it once was.

Hugh Jorgan said:
Well if she's not busy doing anything for you, she can do something for me.

Hugh buddy, she is absolutely yummy...but no need to get greedy, there are many copies....one for everyone! The season finale had about 10-12 Boomers, all nekkid wandering around....be still my heart!

Any of the BSG chickies would work just fine, even the techie girl that works on Vipers would work for me (or the Prez, I like a "mature" woman)...

Actually Dash, Stardoe would get that same rumpled look from spending 3 days in the sack with me ;)

Seriously, it's a pretty cool show...I am facinated how they are writing the Baltar character, and watching him go completely to pieces over the course of the season is great.

Nu

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back