Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthewind

When will spring be here?
The other night while kicking back with a cold one or two, I posted a reply to the "Holy Line of Thunderstorms, Batman" thread. I was attempting to point out how the perceived threat of termination by certain bad apples in management can lead to questionable decisions by pilots. I was not in any way attemping to denigrate the abilities of any given pilot. For any offense taken, I apologize in this very public forum. I was not in his cockpit and had only second hand knowledge of the situation. It is not my place to second guess his command decisions.
My point is restated,(I'm sober now) our first priorities as pilots in command is to come home every night to our wives/girlfriends/kids. If the outcome of the flight puts my ability to do that in doubt, then I need to re-evaluate the situation. Of course those of us flying passengers or with a crew member with a lower comfort level need to take their perceptions into account. Even the perception of being put into harms way by even one of us, lowers the stature of all pilots in their eyes.
We all need to remember that our responsiblity is not to management first but to our families and ourselves. We should never have to fear for our jobs when we make a safety decision. I will never bow to management, when I feel that my authority has been stripped away then it is time for me to find a new place to work. Hopefully we can all band together in this belief in our own value, managements world over have shown us that they no longer value us with their wallets. We cannot allow them to take our last shred of respect.

OK I'm off the soapbox!

Hey inthewind,

Do you still have that Softail Classic? I hate that the motor company decided to do away with that one. My first was a '79 FXEF with the 1340cc powerplant.

My buddy has one that I have been trying to buy for ten years. It is an '84 Softail with the four speed tranny of the shovelheads.

DAS

DAS at 10/250 said:
Hey inthewind,

Do you still have that Softail Classic? I hate that the motor company decided to do away with that one. My first was a '79 FXEF with the 1340cc powerplant.

My buddy has one that I have been trying to buy for ten years. It is an '84 Softail with the four speed tranny of the shovelheads.

DAS

No, unfortunately I listened to my nagging ex and sold the Softail Custom, it was a '97. When I got rid of the ex I bought the Springer. What a bike!

Just remember, no matter how good she looks, somewhere, somebody is tired of putting up with her s#%t.:uzi:

Sorry to hear your mule is gone. It sucks selling one.

DAS at 10/250 said:
Just remember, no matter how good she looks, somewhere, somebody is tired of putting up with her s#%t.:uzi:

Sorry to hear your mule is gone. It sucks selling one.

I pitty the poor fool that she's with now, butr the ba$tard was running around with her while I was at Officer Candidate School 16 years ago. f him!

Now the Beast, my daughters and I cried when the guy took her away. But the Dragonslayer OMG! what a bike!

Latest resources

Back