Why the whoop whoop noise on NWA's DC-9's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACO said:
Single engine powerback? Is that realy procedure?

Ummm. No. I think the that poster probably has some confusion over pushback and powerback since most of the time it is the former (even though there are still some places that allow powerbacks). I have heard the noise on both types of gate departures, typically immediately prior to start which points to the ignitors. But I'm not typed in the 9 so I wouldn't know... the ignitors in my plane go "click click click click"...

mnixon said:
Yea, this coming from the guy who started a post wondering why Fa's don't state anymore "In case of a power loss red floor lights will come on" ..... Go back to your milk and cookies.

Illuminate and come on are the same kind of wording. But for yall PC (Politically Correct) A$$holes, here is the correction:

In case of a power loss red floor lights/lighting will illuminate thus leading you to an emergency exit.

skydash said:
"I sure would not like to be on a jet where a pilot who makes guesses".
Great sentence structure pal. Let me GUESS.......public school???
Oh,congratulations on starting the post.
Have you ever heard of a typo. The "who" should have been left out. Oh sorry Mr. English teacher for over looking one minor mistake. Just for your satisfaction, I will re word it so your SLOW brain can comprehend it:

"I sure would not like to be on a jet where a pilot makes guesses"

And yes I did go to Public School. You must be one of those snobbish private school brown nosing tight wad who always has to be right or get his way. You had your head so far up your teachers desk one could not tell where you began and he ended.

Lets all try to have a little thicker skin on these posts!! Good natured ribbing is one thing, Name calling is uncalled for. Try and keep the indignity to an "even strain". Now play NICE!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back