Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
livin' MY dream

For me:

1. Job Security (*Largely thanks to unions: FPA/ALPA)
2. Time off*
3. Pay (including retirement)*
4. No duties other than flying*
5. Stable schedule*
6. Low stress*
7. Side benefits:
Camaraderie of 4000 great pilots
With FedEx I will rarely have to hassle with airline terminals

I agree that Falcon Capt has a pretty sweet deal going -- for him. My guess is that corporate pilots with his circumstances don't number too many. As for me, life as a pilot at FedEx would be challenging to improve upon -- and there are very few unknowns: I know what to expect over the long haul (pardon the pun). Seek what will satisfy you.

Falcon Captain,

I'm curious, when you don't fly, do you work in the office. Do you have responsibilities other than flying.

It seems you do a lot of Int'l flying. Does Universal/Jepp do the flt planning, or do you do it yourself.

And oh, I don't have 5000TT, but everything else;)

beytzim said:
Falcon Captain,

I'm curious, when you don't fly, do you work in the office. Do you have responsibilities other than flying.

It seems you do a lot of Int'l flying. Does Universal/Jepp do the flt planning, or do you do it yourself.

And oh, I don't have 5000TT, but everything else;)

The only other duty is we have several world-wide sets of Jepps... each is divided up into small segments (about 4 books) we are each assigned one segment to maintain... We don't have to come into the office specifically to do the Jepps, just do them before or after a trip... Beyond that, we have no other duties....

I do a pretty good amount of International travel (Europe 7 times and Asia 3 times since 1-1-02) But we also do a LOT of domestic stuff too....

Hope this helps...

Falcon Capt.

Latest resources

Back