• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why the industry is sinking..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA has every right to fight the fare war because they are not ch11. It's just smart economics (management).

Delville said:
All of the airlines have to compete to match SWA or face the prospect of permanently ceding market share to them.
Well there is competing and then there is imploding. And undercutting Southwest by $50.00 seems ridiculous.

"So now, we see the result. Now, it's not just the employees of United who are in a dire situation. Now, the employees of Delta, US Airways and ATA are looking at losing everything. In addition, the jobs of nearly all the airline employees in the nation are more tenuous than perhaps they have ever been."

I really don't understand how Delta can be put in the same situation as USAir and ATA..... these two are in CHPT11, one for a second time and d a m n near chapter 7. Should Delta go Chapter 11, it'll be at least another couple of years till things go towards chapter 7....ie United. Now there are other here like NYRanger, who by the way is a tool;) , that will spin his own little web, but come on mother d is not going chapter 7 anytime soon.....

Im Networ-King and I apporved this message:D .

Networ-King said:
"So now, we see the result. Now, it's not just the employees of United who are in a dire situation. Now, the employees of Delta, US Airways and ATA are looking at losing everything. In addition, the jobs of nearly all the airline employees in the nation are more tenuous than perhaps they have ever been."

I really don't understand how Delta can be put in the same situation as USAir and ATA..... these two are in CHPT11, one for a second time and d a m n near chapter 7. Should Delta go Chapter 11, it'll be at least another couple of years till things go towards chapter 7....ie United. Now there are other here like NYRanger, who by the way is a tool;) , that will spin his own little web, but come on mother d is not going chapter 7 anytime soon.....

Im Networ-King and I apporved this message:D .
Wrong DB:D , after looking at the TA, I am now a recovering optimist. We're F'ed.

NYRANGERS said:
We're F'ed.
No hockey season, really F'ed. Where's my Wings!

Instead of the gov't backloading, subsidizing and reacting to airline industry problems... let's proactively keep things in check...

Is there is a new form of regulation applicable?

Latest resources

Back