• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why so many Red Arrow days ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I need my trades! Is this more pressure to get us to vote yes for PBS?

No PBS means recalls and upgrades this summer. No?

Grrr.

What I don't want to see is a repeat of October where 120 or so of us were placed on reserve. All the junior line holders will hold long call if we want. Those currently holding long call will be on short call. Those on shortcall will still be on shortcall, and all of you will get RR as much as scheduling can assign it to you.

I can live with my crappy ass schedule as a line holder so I don't have to deal with scheduling on a daily basis.

I actually liked October, that was the least I had to work all year(not counting vacation months).

The one thing I have learned from reading the posts on here about "what a good schedule" is: Ask 50 pilots; get 50 different answers. So, that being said, let me make a declaration: I like 4 day trips. Maybe you don't? I don't like skinny chicks; maybe, you do!

With so many different views on what a good schedule and type of pairing may be, how could anyone ever come up with a good solution that would make everyone happy! One thing for sure, One size does not fit all!

Now, let's get back to Company and Union bashing! Because, it's all their fault!

Less red arrow days mean more reserves! Less reserves mean more red arrow days! Have we learned that lesson, yet! It must be the Scheduling Chairman's fault! Wait, there's not one!

The one thing I have learned from reading the posts on here about "what a good schedule" is: Ask 50 pilots; get 50 different answers. So, that being said, let me make a declaration: I like 4 day trips. Maybe you don't? I don't like skinny chicks; maybe, you do!

With so many different views on what a good schedule and type of pairing may be, how could anyone ever come up with a good solution that would make everyone happy! One thing for sure, One size does not fit all!

Now, let's get back to Company and Union bashing! Because, it's all their fault!

The only thing I can say about four days is that a 24 credit hour four day is king. 19 hour four days are offensive.

I like 4 days too. I don't like driving to the airport.

I also think they are withholding more than they should be able to as far as open time goes. Usually if I get a trip on reserve I notice that the CA, FO, and FA positions are all open-seems odd that everyone would drop a trip.

I also think they are withholding more than they should be able to as far as open time goes. Usually if I get a trip on reserve I notice that the CA, FO, and FA positions are all open-seems odd that everyone would drop a trip.

Maybe the trip sucks! But, great point! Since you bring it up, could they hold back a trip in open time for a "position only" and not the other positions (ie. F/O and F/A) for entire trip? Yes they could!

If ASA and the union want me to vote yes they need to start playing nice because this is getting out of control. You cant pressure me into voting for PBS by sending me a ton of Rah Rah emails about how good it is and making my QOL bad. Another thing...they say 4 days are more cost effective. Then they say with PBS there will be more 3 days? How can PBS make that happen! It must just be magic!

To: Scott Hall and ALPA

Give us our QOL back THEN you can have PBS!

They could guarantee hoes at every overnight and BJ's every turn through the hubs and PBS would still be a bad deal. DON'T DO IT. Trust me, it got shoved down our throats in the "scamruptcy" and it's quite the turd here.

They could guarantee hoes at every overnight and BJ's every turn through the hubs and PBS would still be a bad deal. DON'T DO IT. Trust me, it got shoved down our throats in the "scamruptcy" and it's quite the turd here.
It's not the same PBS you have, with different work rules in place. Apples and oranges!

BTW...I would take that deal!

Latest resources

Back